natwest made error, where do I stand?????

kelly!
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5698 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, Please help, I've just opened a letter from NatWest:-

"I am writing to you regarding a credit of £350 which was incorrectly deposited in to your account on the 8th of september.

This was an unfortunate error on our part but as the funds were not your own we will need to debit the funds from your account ASAP. To this effect we will be debiting your account in seven days time on the 22nd of september to correct this error."

At the moment I dont have any money in my account nor will I come the 22nd. I had a child tax payment put to in to my account around about the same time as this error, I didnt know that the money that was not mine. Can they just take this money out, do I have to pay it back and if so does it have to be in one go?

Please help, where do I stand?

Unfortunately, they are allowed to do this.....however it may be worth opening up another bank account so it doesn't swallow up any payments coming in....it might even be worth going in to the branch and asking them if you can have an extension / or an overdraft (temporary) to cover this.

The thing is I already live in my o/d I have 3 children and we are living on a very low income, I dont know how I over looked this but by them taking this money it will leave me with charges on going and also unable to pay other bills. Into my account I have about 700 a month from child tax working tax and child benifit. I dont know what to do?

Hi Kelly,

Call Natwest and ask to speak to the lending department, I also had a problem like this with my account. Tell them of your situation and that you would like to sort out this problem and that you don't want to incure any more charges. The bank should be able to sort out this mess and make an arrangement with yourself to pay this amount back every month. You will normally find that the bank will increase for o/d to cover these charges and then lower the o/d by an agreed amount every month as you make payments into your account.

Cases won.

Littlewoods, Moorecroft,Nationwide £923.12 written off

CapQuest Debt Recovery

£687.34 written off OH

Reliable Collections

£2076.11 too be written off OH

Egg

£317.38 Charges paid back and cheque for £250.64 p for myself

If i have been any help to you tip my scales