Cannot get broadband connection down my BT line?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5669 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If broadband is a must, and you cannot get down your BT line, you could look at mobile broadband. It's OK providing you're reception is good and you don't download a lot.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

If broadband is a must, and you cannot get down your BT line, you could look at mobile broadband. It's OK providing you're reception is good and you don't download a lot.

Thanks m8, but already looked into it, the signal is rubbish.

Also wanted it for Xbox360 via ethernet

Spoke to soon, email from BT this morning, cannot complete the order, Tag on the line!!!!

"Thank you for your e-mail dated 27/9/08 about your recent order for BT Total Broadband.

Having carried out a check on your line today, I can advise that there is a tag on your line from the company AOL. This may be from a previous occupant at your property or some other service.

As this tag belongs to AOL, you will need to contact them to have this removed. Unfortunately as the tag does not belong to us we are unable to request to have it liftedl. The link below might offer some help should you encounter difficulties in having this removed."

So rang AOL. Told there is no active account or record of anything on the phone number. SO back to square one again.

This rearly is getting beyond a joke now.

An ISP can get this removed it's it's an error, but they will need to put in some leg work with Tags on the Line to get this resolved, so it's dependent on whether the ISP wants to help. Might be worth checking with a more customer focussed ISP who will take ownership of the issue and work with you to get it resolved. BT are OK once you get past their general call centres, but the issue is getting through to someone with the knowledge to resolve the problem.

An ISP can get this removed it's it's an error, but they will need to put in some leg work with Tags on the Line to get this resolved, so it's dependent on whether the ISP wants to help. Might be worth checking with a more customer focussed ISP who will take ownership of the issue and work with you to get it resolved. BT are OK once you get past their general call centres, but the issue is getting through to someone with the knowledge to resolve the problem.

I worked in a BT call center and not all staff are ignorant :p generally, the tag helpdesk should deal with all tag issues exactly the same for BT or any other ISP using BT equipment. You do not have to use BT internet over a BT line (as I'm sure you are aware) so if your son has SKY or an O2 mobile or an orange mobile (these are a few of an almost endless list) they also have broadband products that he may be interested in.

As Daz said, find one that is more customer orientated.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Just finished reading this thread and from what i can figure the tag on the line comes from the phone No: being used elsewhere previously and not the physical line it's self.

The solution seems simple.....Phone BT and request them to change the number.:)

P.S I had a issue with BT and i spent over 40 hours on the phone to them over a period of 12 months - I wrote to them and they sorted it within 2 weeks.

If your still having problems getting the tag removed,try here

Support Forums: First Time Users/Broadband Setup

Support Forums: General Broadband Support

BT own forums,if you can login to your BT account on line,you use the same log in details to log into BT forums.

MARTIN :D

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...