Social Security Administration Act 1992

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4545 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Quote:

187 Certain benefit to be inalienable

(1) Subject to the provisions of this Act, every assignment of or charge on—

(a) benefit as defined in section 122 of the Contributions and Benefits Act;

(b) any income-related benefit; or

© child benefit,

and every agreement to assign or charge such benefit shall be void; and, on the bankruptcy of a beneficiary, such benefit shall not pass to any trustee or other person acting on behalf of his creditors.

Was looking for some clarification on the above, now i know the above forbids an official reciever from enforceing an IPA/O payment in a bankruptcy if your sole income is benefits, my question is does the same text stop a court detirmining a payment in a CCj case?

im aware that any payment agreed by the court should be affordable but if your on benefits your only supposed to recieve the amount the goverment deems you need to live so that is in theory is nothing.

I have read a few times on here that a token £1 payment should be the resulting order, but i have read situations where it was ordered a higher payment must be made, which if the above applys the court has no power to order any such payment, and the only way round it is if the payment is voluntary.

Just wondered if it means same for a CCJ as it it does in bankruptcy, if so it may be helpful to some

• 1 month later...

Bumpety Bump

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar