Signed up for £9 broadband, trying to charge me more..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5673 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey,

So last month i signed up to the offer virgin media had £9 a month for the first 12 months, 12 month contract....confirmed the ammount over the phone.. GREAT!!

Or so i thought... My first bill has come through and they are charging me £11 a month (£22 in total, 2 months up front)

So i rang them and they said there is nothing on my account saying im getting it for £9. It says im down for £11 a month. Now the offer has gone from the website and i can only find it on 3rd party site's, which leave's me on no leg to stand on cos its not on the virgin site anymore.(anyone have a screenshot of this offer?)

Someone from virgin sales was suppose to ring me yesterday but hasnt. Just wondered where i stand, i would like to be prepared for when i call them again.

Can i legally tell them to collect the modem and end my contract, i will of course pay them for one months usage. All we had was a verbal agreement over the phone.

Thanks

mark

Don't hold your breath on the phone call - they don't come. Virgin Media have gone downhill since May and their adverts need investigating closely. I am moving from Virgin Media to another subscriber and have decided to keep the line with Virgin open for the minimum time to stop them charging me up to £250 for "not honoring the contract", sorry but they haven't honoured theirs with me.... endless billing errors just for starters.

I would suggest writing to Ofcom about this, you will have exhausted Virgins so called complaints service and so go straight to them.

• 3 weeks later...

Ofcom are useless, they are the regulator and cannot do anything.This is not an issue for the regulator. It is a common misconception that they can do anything!

I agree that you should not bother calling them.

I recommend that you draft a harsh letter threatening to sue them or take them to CISAS if they don't provide a satisfactory response.

You should send the letter to:

Customer Loyalty Manager,

Customer Concern,

Virgin Media,

Concord House,

Concord Business Park,

Threapwood Road,

Wythenshawe,

Manchester,

M22 0EY

And also to:

The Directors Office,

Virgin Media Limited,

160 Great Portland Street,

London,

W1W 5QA

If you post a draft here, minus any confidential information, then I'll try and proof it for you.

Send all letter by special delivery, only, not recorded delivery as it is not guaranteed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)