Capital One Default Notice - Real or Scare Tactic????

confusedmum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5664 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Ihave recieved this in the post today, Getting rather pig sick as this is the 2nd company in 2 days deciding to get heavy even since Marlin decided to issue a stat demand!!! Feel like they are all jumping on the bandwagon!!! :-x

They agreed to a repayment plan through my DMC, and has been running for about 2 years with no problems etc, So don't understand why they are now defaulting it when they agreed to it.

Is this a proper default notice or one of their templated things to scare?? Should I CCA them???

Thanks

Copyofcapitaldefaultfront-1.jpg

capitaldefaultback_0002.jpg

Edited by confusedmum
left ref no on

Looks like they're serious, but it's not an actual default notice, it's a threat. Report them to TS and the OFT for threatening you with a default notice even though you're keeping to an arrangement via your DMP.

Also contact your DMC ASAP.

What they are doing here is to use a clause in the Ts & Cs to raise a default. There appears to be a clause that says they can default you for entering into a payment arrangement with your creditors - it's that they are threatening to default you against, not your payment history with the DCA. Have they provided a valid CCA, because if not they probably can't use this clause anyway.

Thanks Babybear

I have contacted my DMC and said can they do this after they agreed the repayment plan, my DMC's reply "Creditors can accept offers but are still within their rights to issue a default (this does not mean they will cancel an agreement). "

What they are doing here is to use a clause in the Ts & Cs to raise a default. There appears to be a clause that says they can default you for entering into a payment arrangement with your creditors - it's that they are threatening to default you against, not your payment history with the DCA. Have they provided a valid CCA, because if not they probably can't use this clause anyway.

Thank onmywayout

I have no CCA I didn't even know about requesting one till i joined here a couple of weeks ago, :oops:. I have just drafted one though and am off to the post office in a sec.

Basically, they're threatening you with a default if you don't bring the account upto date within 6 months. They are offering you the option of a longterm repayment plan with interest frozen but with a default entered on you credit file.

As I mentioned in post #7, CCA them to see if they have an enforceable agreement.

• 4 weeks later...

CCA request now received, the covering letter says nothing about it being signed etc!!!! which is what i asked for (in CCA request)

Would someone please take a look and let me know what you think.....

cca_0001.jpg

cca_0002.jpg

but there is no signature on it, but it looks like a fresh printed one, should I write back to them ???? they have also included there T&C booklet, or does this mean they don't have a signed one?? Or could suddenly spring one later on ??

Hi confusedmum

Capital 1 are having laugh ain't they, this is no CCA saying that i'm still waiting for my one. The previous letters saying there going to default you i received the same letters.

There probably be someone along with more info than i know who can guide you next to what to do.

Gaz

• Haha 1

Hi confusedmum! I got the same response to my cca request as you did as well! and the next day after day that arrived through the post they sent me a default notice same as yours!They must have sent default notice straight after they sent me that rubish cca ! I wonder now if they are trying to default me to get rid of me as they know they have not got an original enforceable cca!I am till fairly new to this forum! but understand that providing ccas like this they have not got a leg to stand on!

Edited by sunflower99
  • Haha 1

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Hi Gazza! Cut of their legs! Thats a good idea!:D

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Hi Sunflower99

Well, i won't be getting any hassle from them soon.

I've worked out a plan;). I'm going to purchase a submerine:D.

That way they can't phone or send letters, unless they hire a postie who's a frogman:eek:.

Gaz

This is the same rubbish they always send out in response to a CCA request, the so called Default Notice at the beginning of your thread is also invalid for a lot of reasons.

No amount of arguing with them seems to make any difference, they finally sold mine to Fredericksons, i sent the acc in dispute letter and have heard nothing for many months.

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Hi confusedmum

Just wanted to ask, when you sen't the letter of for your CCA.

Did you sign the letter, the reason i say this is i've received a letter Capital 1, saying they can't process my complaint as i never signed my letter asking for my CCA.:eek:. Warning bells are ringing i think.

Gaz

Dont provide your signature, they have been known to be "creative" with them, write to say they have been happy to write to you in the past so they know you are at the address, if necessary send a copy of a recent utility bill to prove you live there.

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site