Jump to content

refused income support and incapacity benefit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4624 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

hi i injured my back at ork on the 18th july and have been off work due to the injury.i mad a claim for incapacity benefit and income support.i was told i couldnt get incapacity benefit as i hadnt paid enough national insurance and i have now also been told that i cannot recieve income support a the 80 a week my husband is on is apparantly enough for my husband ,me and ou 3 children.can they do this as my husband is self employed so sometimes isnt even guaranteeda wage.80 a week is not enough to live on with tree children.please help

Link to post
Share on other sites

If your husband works more than 24 hours a week then you will not be entitled to income support regardless of income. However you can claim child tax credit, housing benefit, and council tax benefit. You don't have to get income support to claim those but make sure you report if your combined income changes.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

Link to post
Share on other sites

hi thanks for the repliesmy husband works 16 hous a week geting around 80 a week sometimes less.i was getting working tax credit and chld tax credit but they have now stopped these aswel as they said i am not working anymore i am nt entitiled to them.i think i a just gonna have to go back to work with my back injury ias i cant aford to not when they wont give me any benefits

Link to post
Share on other sites

i no wat you meen my wife works 22 hours and i told her to claim for you daughter as i only get 0.10p pew week from them becoulse of wat the wife earns


get your hubby to claim

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see the logic in stopping your wtc but not the ctc - that has got to be wrong. Someone didn't understand what you were telling them. As your husband is working 16+ hours per week yes he can claim wtc. Try and get your ctc back NOW.


Put in a claim for hb and/or ctb. You can get a form via the jobcentre or your local council. Do it this week and your claim will start next Monday. Leave it till next Monday and the claim starts the following Monday (28/08/08). Did jobcentre tell you you could claim hb/ctc or not? If they failed to do so you can ask for the benefit to be backdated to when you applied for incapacity benefit as they are legally obliged to inform you of this. Somewhere towards the end of the claim form there is a section saying something like 'if you want your claim to be backdated enter your reasons here'. So you could put something like 'I claimed incap benefit on xx/xx/xx and was not informed by DWP that I could also claim hb/ctc and I only found out this week'.

If my advice has been helpful tip the scales


West brom SETTLED


Halifax current SETTLED IN FULL

halifax curent (2nd) stayed. Visa - SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

halifax for the 3rd time. LBA sent


Egg - SETTLED GE Money - SETTLED Barclaycard SETTLED twice


Sainsbury's - Awaiting court date


Co-op cc SETTLED IN FULL 2nd claim. Settled in full



National Westminster Settled in full. 2nd claim. N1 submitted



HFC bank SETTLED. HFC 2nd claim - lba sent 21/10/08 Time Retail N1 filed Argos settled in full Creation - SETTLED IN FULL


Link to post
Share on other sites



Not sure I can put this web site advert in but if you try entitledto.co.uk it provides a benefit calculator as to your income, partners income and children.


Follow each page by filling it in and it gives an ESTIMATE to what you may be enitiled to on the last page.


Also, if national insurance contributions are missing it may influence incapacity benefit entitlement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...