Nat West Default Notice HELP!

Gazza112
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2633 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well clearly you remain unhappy. :) So now is the time for a Formal complaint to NatWest alternatively you can escalate matters to the Financial Ombudsman. I would say this letter does represent their final response so FOS would be my next step.

Read RMW's thread she has shared her experiences to make it easier for others to make a complaint.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/136654-complaining-financial-ombudsman-service.html

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hang on CB let me get my breath, been chasing you around all my threads lol. This rate i won't get to the 2012 Olympics lol.

Yes, good ider i'll get a letter off to FOS on Monday.

As it's clearly looks like Natwest haven't got a true copy of my CCA.

They also said i was disputing the dept in the letter, i only sent the letter asking for my CCA request.

I know what there after there after my carriage clock they gave me.

Gaz

Hi Gazza! Just popping on here to say hallo and offer my moral support and bump your post!It is very worrying not knowing what sort of template letter to write!Still it looks like NatWest has not got a leg to stand on as well! and are trying to bluff their way out of trouble with you,They must have had thousands of letter similar to yours challeging their lack of a CCA as people more aware of their rights!So must be aware that they have not fulfilled legal obligations!I suppose they hope that a lot of people dont know much and can be fobbed of with their stern letters! LOL

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Hi Sunflower99

Nice hearing from you, yes its a pain at the moment.

Its gone very quiet all the way round not heard anything.

I was tempting to offer them 10% for a final settlement, just to see wear the land lies with them. Allthough they have not supplied me with a valied CCA :eek:.

Gaz

Hi Gazza, your post re template letters to FOS. You need to download the complaint form from the FOS website and complete that. Just sending a letter wont be acceptable.:) You will get the form from the link below. Scroll down, there are two versions - Word and PDF formats. It might also be worth having a read of some of the notes on the site. I have given you RMW's link, complaining to the FOS havent I ?. If not.. give me a shout and I will find it for you.

our complaints procedure and how to complain

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 months later...

Hiya Gazza, well this is a result isnt it?. And it means you now wont have to phaff around photocopying statements as they are intending to send you the paying in slips.

I am interested in the author of your letter. D Munn is in fact the person who writes to OH regarding a Tesco account ???.

BCOBS

Hi CitizenB

See, that £1 payment seemed to work in the end pity the other companies are not doing the same thing. Haven't a clue who Mr D.Munn is but can put in a good word for you, seeing i'm on good terms with Natwest :D.

Gaz

Hi CitizenB

See, that £1 payment seemed to work in the end pity the other companies are not doing the same thing. Haven't a clue who Mr D.Munn is but can put in a good word for you, seeing i'm on good terms with NatWest :D.

Gaz

Hmmm, I think I would rather remain anonymous at the moment thanks Gazza.. so do you think you will get the invite to their christmas party this year ?. Invited to the shareholders meetings perhaps ? :p:cool:

BCOBS

Hmmm, I think I would rather remain anonymous at the moment thanks Gazza.. so do you think you will get the invite to their christmas party this year ?. Invited to the shareholders meetings perhaps ? :p:cool:

Hi CitizenB

Not only do i expect to be invited to there christmas party, i'm also expecting to be invited to be a member of there directors :rolleyes::D:eek:.

Gaz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmm, pity they couldnt have sent you this letter BEFORE you made the payment arrangement, thereby acknowledging the debt.

BCOBS

Hi CitizenB

I've not paid anything at the moment to the payment arrangement.

I did receive a statement through from them with a £1 on the statement plus the ballance. This should be paid by the 20th of this month.

Gaz

Hi All

Just an update, received a letter from Natwest today, they state as this account was taken out a few years back they do not have the original agreement :eek:.

Here's a copy of the letter i received today.

Natwestletter9220090001.jpg

Any advice on what my next move on Natwest would be.

Gaz

Gold Dust! Wish i had a letter like that. They have only so far complied with section 78 which they are fond of saying. To enforce in Court they need a signature document. (I know, depends on a Judge and a sober one at that but...this letter states they don't have it. Giving you a strong argument IMO.)

I would strike while the iron is hot. I think i read you have already done a CPR request for anything they would rely on in Court.

In that case it's either another final CPR giving them 21 days 'or else'..

OR straight to an N1. Hit them hard and out of nowhere.

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

Hi Davey

Thanks for the reply, before they sent me that letter they sent me another letter stating they would accept a £1 payment for 6 months.

Know me thinking if i start paying this payment, although i have been paying a £1 token payment for the last 8 months. Does this mean that i have accepted the dept, although i have had this account for approx 18 years.

Gaz

Payments show you accept the debt surely. But it's however you want to play it and what you are comfortable doing.

2 choices really. Either keep paying what you can (which means not bothering to dispute the debt i would say as they would be no point.)

or, dispute it, state you require the original agreement to verify what it is you may have signed up to all those years ago and hope that they (eventually) cave in.. or that a Judge won't view past payments alone as proof of a valid agreement in itself. You never can tell which way it will go.

If it were me i would say 'get lost natwest' but be prepared for a long fight.

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

Hi Davey

Was thinking waiting a couple of months, then give them a final settlement figure say 10% of the total.

Making sure in the letter that this is a final figure and to state this on my credit records.

Gaz