CCa 1974 and credit cards

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3840 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Always happy to help where I can!

:lol:

Beware of legal advice given on a private forum - do you REALLY know who is posting? Are they REALLY accountable for their posts? What if you follow their advice and get something wrong?

It was Winston Churchill who said; "Democracy is the worst way to run a country except for all the others"

Advice and comments posted by car2403 are offered purely without prejudice. They reflect only my personal opinion and do not represent the opinion of this forum or it's management. You should always seek legal advice from a qualified legal advisor. As a member of the site team, I disable reputation - reputation points mean nothing, please check my posting credentials yourself and make an informed decision. You shouldn't PM me and await a reply - I may be too late with a response. No replies will be given in Private Messages - just as with getting advice from the forum, getting advice via Private Messages is dangerous. CAG is about sharing successes so others can follow your example, this is primarily why I'm here, so please don't be offended if I don't offer replies in PM that doesn't comply with this. Help CAG to help others by keeping your thread up to date.

USEFUL LINKS; New User Guide to CAG | Can't find what you're looking for? | Intro to Consumer Credit Litigation | Is My Agreement Enforceable | Default (Surleybonds) Template Letter | Defaults - background, removal methods, challenges and taking a claim to Court | Digital Signature Guide | Overdrafts and the CCA

Why don`t you just ignore these clowns then? I only write to these empty heads when I have to.

Have you had any mail from BLS or anyone else with a stupid 3 letter name? If you have, write to them and tell them if they want to come around then will be charged £1000 per visit, and by knocking on your door will be deemed to have accepted your terms. When they don`t pay up you could give their details to a proper DCA.

Or, just tell them to sod off! :D

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

BLS send me letters and TSB reply !! i know they are all in bed with eachother :eek: think i will now just inor them because ive had enough let them stumble into whatever action they want to take and then i'll hit them with all ive got :p Hopefully that'll be enough to scupper there plans

Sometimes when you right to BLS, then may right back and say we have contacted our client (the gimp at the desk in front) and await further instructions.

I would just ignore these imbeciles until you get something more threatening or interesting, saves the paper work and stamps.

You may here from SC&M, but these amateurs are easy to scatter ;). There are the in-house Solicitors for Lloyds TSB, who are at the next desk behind the clown behind the gimp in front.

You`ll find they are all located between the Coffee Machine and Cleaning Cupboard :D

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

well i sure youare right ive had **** letters before they are the ones who demanded repayment with no DN and then another damand after a DN issued so i wonder where tese clowns are trained as solicitors ... Billy smart springs to mind In fact in the office layout i think **** feature somewhere around the toilets, but even the records for cleaning them, are incomplete!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Got this letter today!! Needless to say no such offer was made anyone come up with reply ?????

26-09-2009153128.jpg picture by jayjay1105_2008 - Photobucket

You should really start your own thread with this.

Is their any point in replying to such nonsense?

Perhaps a letter informing them using a Credit Card is against Trading Standards, as you are effectively paying one debt and creating a larger debt, as the Card Company would be adding interest onto any amounts paid :p

It`s up to you, but I`d ignore it and see if anything more interesting comes along which warrants spending 35p on a stamp.

BLS send me letters and TSB reply !! i know they are all in bed with eachother :eek: think i will now just inor them because ive had enough let them stumble into whatever action they want to take and then i'll hit them with all ive got :p Hopefully that'll be enough to scupper there plans

Got this letter today!! Needless to say no such offer was made anyone come up with reply ?????

26-09-2009153128.jpg picture by jayjay1105_2008 - Photobucket

Dear Sirs,

Your letter of (whenever) is very confusing. I have no idea with whom you have been discussing the above account to arrive at an agreed repayment plan. It certainly wasnt with me.

Yours faithfully.

If you have not received a CCA and the account is in dispute then you should remind them of this fact.

HTH.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Do you have or have you had some form of Credit Card protection on your accounts. If so, did you actually request it ? If not, then you might be able to reclaim any ppi payments back.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

thanks citb and NP this is my own thread NP !! So far i have done a CCA and SAR they have not fully complied with SAR yet but also made demand for payment when no DN received and then DN issued followed by another demand for full sum .. now this what is going on ? i wish theyd just issue a claim then i can at least outline all the c£&p they have come up with

Lloyds and their silly little inbread DCA`s are totaly stupid, they can`t read, so they don`t bother.

I`ve had all sorts of idiotic letters from those clowns, now I only respond to the ones that I want to.

Not sure what you want to do with this, but I wouldn`t bother until something interesting comes your way.

I had a lot of letters from BLS, when they got nowhere they sent the account backto the desk behind, in front of the toilet, next to the cleaners cupboard where theirs some muppet moosing his mop :D

What do you reckon cB? Pretty pathetic bunch these lot aren`t they?

• 1 month later...

Update .. I wrote to tsb asking for disclosure of all manual events on my account including letters sent ,recieved , calls made ect Their first reply was that they had never recieved an SAR !!! this letter was signed by the person who replied to it sending just copy statements!! So i wrote back enclosing copies if her letters and mine asking for sar and prooof of posting and recept for Postal order .. I have now had a letter saying if i want transcripts of phone calls i need to give them times and dates and they want another £10. Is it me? or are they just not getting the message. I really am fed up with all this now Should i write back ? is there any sections of the Data protection act i should quote stating what they should supply for an SAR? ideas please

Update .. I wrote to tsb asking for disclosure of all manual events on my account including letters sent ,recieved , calls made ect Their first reply was that they had never recieved an SAR !!! this letter was signed by the person who replied to it sending just copy statements!! So i wrote back enclosing copies if her letters and mine asking for sar and prooof of posting and recept for Postal order .. I have now had a letter saying if i want transcripts of phone calls i need to give them times and dates and they want another £10. Is it me? or are they just not getting the message. I really am fed up with all this now Should i write back ? is there any sections of the Data protection act i should quote stating what they should supply for an SAR? ideas please

The information you are asking for, did it form part of your original request ?. If so then they cannot charge you again. Point this out to them. They are obliged to do a full search for all the information they hold on you. Please read the following link on Good Practice where the Subject Access is requested.

http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/library/data_protection/practical_application/checklist_for_handling_requests_for_personal_information.pdf

They are only allowed to charge more than £10.00 in special circumstances. This does not apply to your situation.

They are being obstructive, pure and simple, LTSB are experts at this.

YOu could if you wish, print off the Good Practice Notes, highlight any relevant sections and include it with a cover letter to them.

What was the date of the original request ?

It is rather interesting, that on another CAGers thread, a letter received from the solicitor has said that they do not keep telephone recordings for more than 3 months. However, they are obliged to send you a communication sheet or diary of events covering the period of your account.. So any telephone calls should be recorded on that.

BCOBS

thanks for quick reply CB I sent the template letter from this site in dec 08 for the SAR so all was covered.

In which case, they cant ask for money.. cheeky s*ds.

I would write back and advise them they are just being obstructive. Pluck a date out of the air where you want them to check back to for telephone calls. However, I think they will say they dont keep them for longer than 3 months. They should however be noted on a diary page or communications log, so if they havent sent you one of those.. ask for that as well :rolleyes:

You could advise them that in the event you dont get a positive response or the information or a signed letter saying they no longer have it and why (just in case they decide to "find" anything meanwhile) then you will be making a complaint to the ICO or worse still issuing a claim against them for non compliance.

BCOBS

can anyone help???? how do you add jpeg copy of agreement for people to view and consider on thread???????????

Only direct action by the masses will work....

Look at all successes they have never come from negotiation!!!

Sent this letter to LTSB today as per CB's advice so thats hope they get the message!!!

Dear Sirs,

Further to your letter of 11th November 2009. I do not except that another fee needs to be paid when you have not fully complied with the Data Protection Act 1998 in that only copy statements where sent. The request letter was clear that you were to supply all information, either computer records or manual records for the period of the account. I am aware of many others who have requested disclosure under the act and received all information held about that person, I am sure you receive many requests under the act and know full well the information I require, with this in mind I can only conclude that you are being obstructive in this matter. I now require you to fulfil your obligation under the act as my next action will be to report your non compliance to the Information Commissioners office and possibly issue a county court claim for non compliance.

So there is no doubt : I now need you to fully comply with my request to supply information under the Data Protection Act by sending me ALL records held by yourselves with regard to my dealings with Lloyds TSB card service since the account opened including all computer logs and records held on paper.

Sent this letter to LTSB today as per CB's advice so thats hope they get the message!!!

Dear Sirs,

Further to your letter of 11th November 2009. I do not except that another fee needs to be paid when you have not fully complied with the Data Protection Act 1998 in that only copy statements where sent. The request letter was clear that you were to supply all information, either computer records or manual records for the period of the account. I am aware of many others who have requested disclosure under the act and received all information held about that person, I am sure you receive many requests under the act and know full well the information I require, with this in mind I can only conclude that you are being obstructive in this matter. I now require you to fulfil your obligation under the act as my next action will be to report your non compliance to the Information Commissioners office and possibly issue a county court claim for non compliance.

So there is no doubt : I now need you to fully comply with my request to supply information under the Data Protection Act by sending me ALL records held by yourselves with regard to my dealings with Lloyds TSB card service since the account opened including all computer logs and records held on paper.

Tell them again, what data you require, IE: ALL of it!

Tell them they have 14 days to supply this information. Then, if your still not happy, send them a Letter Before Action, and give them another 14 days.

Failing the above, you could then issue them with a court claim to get the required information or contact the Information Commisioner.

You could also put in that you are aware that they are going to be sacked with the other 5,000 idiots, but you still want your information :D

• 2 weeks later...

sent non compliance letter to TSB and a letter to BLS asking who and when an arrangement was made to repay £ 60 a month no reply yet but got a nice yellow card from Allied International Credit Uk Ltd,,, with red lettering on top WARNING then goes on to give ref amount owed and client and as formal demand has been made i must attatch payment of full balance and return immediately . oh and i can discuss the account with Mr Dickey (apt name i thought) if i wanted .. So i suppose next i get a red card and sent off !!!

Well you most certainly wont get a response from them regarding the fantasy telephone call. It would be interesting to see if there was any mention of it in any diary pages you might get as well.

I am sure they sent those out purely to get a "telephoned" reaction from people.

BCOBS

BCOBS

Hobby Craft sell nice yellow and also red envelopes. They also sell coloured paper to match.

You could send a silly letter to Mr Richard Cranium, and see what sort of response you get.

Personally I wouldn`t even bother replying. Wait until you get something interesting to read, like a letter from a wannabe Solicitor or even the neighbours Financial Times.

I`ve had silly letters from the numb nutts at BLS, and also a silly, childish post card from some empty head at Allied. I was thinking of writing back stating I don`t want any carpets so P Off!, but, I couldn`t be bothered, HEH HEH :D

Hi cB, how ya doing hun? :p

sent non compliance letter to TSB and a letter to BLS asking who and when an arrangement was made to repay £ 60 a month no reply yet but got a nice yellow card from Allied International Credit Uk Ltd,,, with red lettering on top WARNING then goes on to give ref amount owed and client and as formal demand has been made i must attatch payment of full balance and return immediately . oh and i can discuss the account with Mr Dickey (apt name i thought) if i wanted .. So i suppose next i get a red card and sent off !!!

I had that postcard. They gave me 7 days from the date of it to reply but as it took 10 days to get to me. That was July and still waiting on the further action.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.