Can CABOT do this?????

valfa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5701 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have posted on this forum details of an issue I have and had been racking my brain about what the debt could be that a CABOT is chasing me for and I think I know what it is but can't understand it.

I have a mail order account and they demand payment every 28 days like most people I get my wages once a month and pay out my monthly bills but with this company 1 payment a year sends it into arrears....ie I pay 52 payments a year but they actually require 53 payments a year due to the 4 week billing system they use.,so eventually i go into arrears by one payment.

I just checked Experian to see if anything was unusual and this company put a U a few months ago then a 1 then 0 0 they also put the amount I owe in total as £254 as of 13th sept,I thought it seemed a little high so I logged into my mail order account and after my last payment on the 1st sept I actually owe £126 to them and will be paying another £50 next month like I do every month.

So not only is Experian not up to date from the mail order company,I think the mail order company might have contracted CABOT to collect this debt,even though I am actually paying it off as normal,even if Im 1 payment behind due to the 4 week billing stupid thing.

Can CABOT chase me for money for a client if Im actually still paying the client myself?

\CABOT are requesting £239 as of 12th sept but no way of knowing who they are acting for yet.So I guess its this mail order company as all my other credit issues are 100% fine.

I don't see why you have to rack your brain to try and find out what they are demanding money for.

There is a prove it letter on this site, (hope somebody can point it out for you.) It basically says - I don't know what you are talking about, prove I owe you money or b*gger orf.

At least you will know what you are dealing with then

David