Mobile Scam

clive33
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5697 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hope I'm on the right track posting this here. It's a warning from a friend at Lancashire Police.

If you receive a phone call on your mobile from any person, saying that he or she is a company engineer, or telling that they're checking your mobile line, and you have to press #90 or #09 or any 2 other number, end this call immediately without pressing any numbers.

There is a fraud company using a device that once you press #90 or #09 they can access your 'SIM' card and make calls at your expense.

Forward this message to as many colleagues, relatives and friends as you can, to stop it.

Edited by clive33

Clive, a lot of times, something that appears to have a ring of truth to it, needs to be checked. I normally google the main details and check if there is any truth within what is written. 99 times out of 100 it is a rehash of an urban myth(sometimes that has done the rounds in the US and then some details have been changed for UK audience.)

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

The flaming police, especially in the IT crime squad (that is a new department on me) should know better, tell em to google urban myths

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed