ppc now going for boy racers too

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5695 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A new 'local'ppc has sprung up on the south coast over the last year, and I have been watching as slowly the signs have spread around most of the private car parks.

About a week ago, extra signage popped up in a local retail park - stating that ' anti social driving will result in the issue of a parking charge notice '

In smaller writing it explains that the site cctv will be used to record anti social driving, and the drivers face etc.

Although its a good idea to solve the problem whilst keeping the retail park open to traffic - what else will they branch into ??

All opinions & information are the personal view of the poster, and are not that of any organisation, company or employer. Any information disclosed by the poster is for personal use only. Permission to process this data under the Data Protection act is NOT GIVEN to any company, only personal readers.

They are acting not only unlawfully but also illegally.

The most they can do is report anti social behaviour to the police who may issue a FPN or they can make a citizens arrest if they see a criminal act being committed ............. that would be fun to watch

Its the standard parking charge '£75' for any 'offence' in the car park. The other sign is the usual 'contractual agreement'type, no disabled bay, park in marked bays, yada yada.

The company themselves is called parktech - can't find any google stuff about them.

Seems to of scarred off the boy racers though - ordinarily I will explain the legalities of a 'ticket' to people I see in a car park, and point them towards here. Might give this lot a miss though.!!

All opinions & information are the personal view of the poster, and are not that of any organisation, company or employer. Any information disclosed by the poster is for personal use only. Permission to process this data under the Data Protection act is NOT GIVEN to any company, only personal readers.

Can't see any phone number on the posters.

Jonchris - when you say illegal, do you mean any more than usual ?. I'm assuming the anti social driving clause is simply another term and condition of parking, and as the ppc's would say 'contractual agreement ' of parking / entering the car park. I can't see how its any more or less illegal than what they currently do !!

Surely (in theory) they could say ' all drivers must wear red hatsn parking charge 90 for failing to do so' and then issue charges - I know they are uninforceable etc, but is there anything in law to restrict what conditions they can put ?

Nice lamma. Love absurdities being exposed.

Since when did policing offences under the RTA become the responsibility of the growing army of pretend police? Guess this lot will soon be wearing anti stab and bullet proof jackets.

If you can't act like a copper, at least try and look like one.

Ha ha lamma - never thought of that !. But legally, can they do that ?

With these PPC who is going to issue the naughty boy racer with an NIP.

If they dont pay this so called penalty charge, will it be heard in the Mags Crt or Civil Crt.

Always remember that this would fall outside the remit of the local council as prosecutions under RTA are crimminal offences

Well I was in our local Staples Car park today, and it had a PPC "controlling " it, one of the things that made me laugh was that they said that they would fine the Registered Keeper, not the driver, also, you will be fined if you go into Staples and then go somewhere else, leaving the car there, also (and I find this most interesting) that they will issue a fine to anyone who isnt displaying a valid Road Fund Licence Badge, would love to see them try lol

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Should I remove my tax disc whilst there also :D

LOL I cannot remember the company, and I was there parked right in front of it, I ws going to go in, but the monkey was asleep so I didnt, instead I sat there pulling their signage to pieces (in my head of course) and sent Mr Lula off to the sports shop to get his ankle straps (poor begger is falling apart!), so you never know, I might actually be in line for one of these lovely letters.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

"Tickets for no tax disc" where in Gods name do these people come from.

Are they going to report their 'find' to the appropriate authorities

Someone should write to Staples & warn them about the hornets nest they are about to uncover

Well you know, it is private land, the bobbies cant have me for not displaying on private land now can they? and I could just put it back before I left the car park ................... I will try and get back there tomorrow and take a picture of the signage, they really have tried to make it as legit sounding as possible, using phrases like "implied terms etc" I have to admit I did laugh a bit :-)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Correct lama you can be arrested for a driving offence on private land with public access. You can also be clamped on PL for not being taxed. In the case of social housing your untaxed vehicle can even be removed by the local authority who work hand in glove with the DVLA

To enforce an invoice for anti-social driving they would have to show that they provided consideration for the contract. This would mean licensing the use of their land for anti-social driving in return for a fee. Such a contract would be void for illegality and being against public policy.

Edited by Zamzara

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

Are we really hurting the PPC's that much with 'don't pay' that they are having to branch into more 'creative' areas !!.

Perhaps I need to go and put up some contractual signs on my car 'place any piece of paper to this car, and you are agreeing to pay £95 charge per piece of paper'.

Anyone care to design some 'tickets' (sorry, I mean 'invoices') for me, or do I need to contact a PPC and ask them to do it ??!!