Gazza112 Vs Halifax Credit Card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Snap:

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/1copy-1.jpg

Certainly you should always reply with a good dispute letter (and quote the OFT Guidance on visiting a debtor without prior appointment, removing implied access to your property under English common law etc) but don't expect a reply to it. BO, Scott never reply to anything.

Have you changed bank accounts yet as Godmother suggested. I would say that is a priority!

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Davey

So your a member of Blairs as well lol.

I've drafted all the letters yesterday, quoting the OFT guidelines with an extra bit saying if there unable to read the contents of my letter, i can reccomend a good company that would. There probably blow a fuse after reading that lol.

Yes, i've managed to change Banks but this was my dad's account i only put my name to that account so i could get his pension out.

But don't laugh i received a letter from HSBC, which i have no dispute with saying that because i've been a valued customer there increasing my overdraft. I've only got 1p in that account and used it once lol.

Gaz

Hi Davey

So your a member of Blairs as well lol.

I've drafted all the letters yesterday, quoting the OFT guidelines with an extra bit saying if there unable to read the contents of my letter, i can reccomend a good company that would. There probably blow a fuse after reading that lol.

Yes, i've managed to change Banks but this was my dad's account i only put my name to that account so i could get his pension out.

But don't laugh i received a letter from HSBC, which i have no dispute with saying that because i've been a valued customer there increasing my overdraft. I've only got 1p in that account and used it once lol.

Gaz

I'd get your dad to change that account anyways and dump Halifax for good.

No longer in the BOS club now. Went from BOS, to EOS solutions, to Westcot and was sold in Dec to Cabot :)

I would be inclined to send a letter to HSBC thanking them for their letters, stating that because you have been a valued customer you are closing your account with them and taking your business elsewhere! ;)

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Also OFt guidlanes state about ringing 0870 numbers somewhere.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

2 UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICES

Communication

2.1 It is unfair to communicate, in whatever form, with consumers in an unclear, inaccurate or misleading manner.

2.2 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

a. use of official looking documents intended or likely to mislead debtors as to their status, for example, documents made to resemble court claims.

b. leaving out or presenting information in such a way that it creates a false or misleading impression or exploits debtors' lack of knowledge

c. those contacting debtors not making clear who they are, who they work for, what their role is, what the purpose of the contact is

d. unnecessary and unhelpful use of legal and technical language, for

example, use of Latin phrases

e. failing to provide debtors or creditors with information on status of debts, for example, not providing requested balance statements when reasonably requested

f. contacting debtors at unreasonable times

g. ignoring or disregarding debtors' legitimate wishes in respect of when and where to contact them, for example, shift workers who ask not to be telephoned during certain times of the day

h. asking or instructing debtors to make contact on premium rate

telephone numbers

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Hi Godmother & Davey

Yes, i've been getting quiet a lot of phone calls in the last few days from Halifax on my mobile. i've not answered the phone but just checked the number on the Google.

But what is alarming is i changed my main line phone number about 6 months ago. My old BT number has been taken over by someone else and i know they have been phoning my old number. Just hope they havent

given my personal details out to this person.

I know this a a neighbor phone my old number, and was told by this person that they have been receiving a large number of phone calls for me.

Gaz

They are getting desperate and using their own funds to try to contact you. Let them waste their time.

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear Halifax are giving you a hard time again, Gazza. BLair Oliver are a PITA to deal with. Have you checked out lexis200's threads regarding her continuing battle with them:D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi CitizenB

Yes, Blairs Oliver's trying to wind me up but all my strings have broken lol.

Serious note there the only ones at the moment who's giving me hassle.

Halifax did send me an agreement along, but there reference number which was correct on there letter and my card. Was not the right number on the agreement they sent out oh dear :eek:.

I only get one phone call maybe two a day from Blair/Halifax so it's not to bad, unless there phoning my old number which some poor person took over and probably getting all there we need to speak.

Gaz

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Not heard from Halifax/Blair Olivor in a while till today lol.

Blair sent me a letter saying they have tried contacting me with no answer, but they sent me a letter lol.

They also threatened me with a doorstep caller, knowing they had a letter from me saying not to.

Here's the contents of the letter received today.

Blairsletter16320090001.jpg

Gaz

Haven't bothered to change their dull template letters the last couple of years then :rolleyes:

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/6copy.jpg

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

I believe 'he' is a 'she' as in Dawn Hood. Although probably not a real person (like all the other DCA/Creditors seem to have a similar 'fake' person to correspond with.) :rolleyes:

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Yes, I have received letters where I actually get the full name, Dawn. Of course she could have a brother named Desmond or the like of. :D

I think you have a choice Gazza, either reply saying you are surprised at their letter. Or simply ignore and let them take the next move, which could of course include court action.

The reason you havent responded to their requests for payment is that you are still waiting for the compliant documents you requested (whenever).

You have pointed out to them (take this out if you havent) where the information they have supplied falls short of compliance and until they respond to your requests for information, then you are unable to assess if you have any liability at all.

Are they aware that without the documents you have requested they are unable to take the actions they advise in their letter.

You could include the doorstep letter again.. just to pad out your reply a bit. :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

CB i don't now weather you read the thread 83 on the agreement Halifax sent me through. The 16 digit number on that agreement is not the same on the letters they sent out which are correct.

I did respond to them before about this, but as they all do i surpose they never read my corrispondance.

Gaz

CB i don't now weather you read the thread 83 on the agreement Halifax sent me through. The 16 digit number on that agreement is not the same on the letters they sent out which are correct.

I did respond to them before about this, but as they all do i surpose they never read my corrispondance.

Gaz

Aha, yes I remember that now. In which case, I would just file it and see what they do next :D let them find out what a c*ck up they have made when and if they try and make a claim

BCOBS

CB I'll just sit back for a while and see what happens.

But still in two minds weather to send Blair, Olivor a bemused letter.

Gaz

If it will make you feel better to reply to the lettr, then go with the bemused letter. Refer them to previous correspondence by date rather than copy it to them. As long as you get proof of posting then I would think the cheapest method of mailing would be acceptable. They can only say they havent received so many letters ;)

That way you have a good paper trail which proves you have been attempting to make them see they are barking up the wrong tree.

BCOBS

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Just an update, not had anymore letters from Halifax or there inhouse Blair Olivor.

But i did find something useful, Found my original Letter for my card it was then with Leeds Building Society back in 1989 then Halifax mergered with Leeds and took the card over with the same number. No wonder they got the hump when they wrote to mesaying why i was asking for my agreement know, after having it for so many Years.

The Agreement they sent out was Headed Halifax and that was for another agount i hold with them.

Gaz

lol oh they are getting good. A different account completly

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Nice one Gazza :D

BCOBS

Hi All

Just received a letter from one of our friends Blair Olivor.

Wanting money out of me, what a cheek :eek:

Just over a week ago i sent a SAR of to Halifax asking for my details.

Should i send a letter of to these morans, and state that this account is in dispute.

Here's the letter that i received from them today.

BlairOliver31320090001.jpg

BlairOliver31320090002.jpg

Gaz