Glynis Versus Smile

glynisd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6494 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On the positive side: I've had a response from Smile confirming that they will send my documents within the stated 40 days so we're on the way.

On the not-so-positive side: I noticed when I logged onto my Smile account a couple of days ago that they intend to charge another £70 on the 22nd of this month (this is a further charge incurred as a result of the £85 worth of charges from last month where they 'bounced' a £10.99 Direct Debit that would have taken me £4 over limit).

I've already started using my NatWest "parachute" account so my salary etc. is safe.

In theory, this could keep escalating until the cows come home... Would it be worth my while sending Smile a secure message asking that they drop these charges since I am in the process of disputing and claiming all charges back? Or should I just let them get on with it and include them in my claim when I get my documents?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Glynis

Edited to remove wording that could be considered libelous

Since you would not be losing any real money I would be inclined to let the charges accrue as a debit balance.

However, you will not be repaid any charges that you have not actually paid over in the first place.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

I would just let them build up if you can afford to as it keeps it simpler if you claim everything together.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.