Heeelp!...Egg then dlc now what is next

Pattyfan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5703 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya,I had a credit card with egg, got ill, then lost my job, moved house but stayed sick and now back to work part time. and things aren't going to get better financially anytime soon. I knew this was coming etc and had 2 debts one with egg and one with virgin, £5000 and £10,000 respectively. I wrote exactly the same letter to both companies explaining my situation explaining that after my initial outgoings etc I had £35 to help towards debts. virgin wrote to me asking me to call them; I did and we came to an arrangement to pay them £17 per month, they would stop all interest etc mounting up for 6 months and review things then. I got one reply from egg to ring them and they said that basically if I didn't keep up with the minimum payments or they hand things over to a collection agency. I offered in writing to give them £20 per month until things got better but within 5 days I started to get 3-4 calls a day from dlc everytime they started with my name but the next question was my DOB, not knowing who the heck dlc was I told them to go hang! Eventually they wrote to me asking me to ring them. I rang them up and after alot of strong arming and threatening me with bailiffs etc I agreed to pay them £52 That's £32 more than I actually had so it came out of food/petrol fund. Now it is 6 months later and I am now back working part time on minimum wage and now have £100. virgin have telephoned me and basically to keep thier wolf from the door I've set up an arrangement to pay £64 per month. DLC rang and demanded a full settlement or they will send someone round to collect.

Thing is I'm paying £52 every month to them and £17 to virgin who I owe more money to and I've never worked out how that happened apart from the fact that they caught me in a low moment just after I'd taken some pain meds.

Can I pay dlc less money than I'm alreday paying right now? and who will they send round?

Please help, then latter part of my illness was followed by a stomach ulcer caused by stress

Hi, welcome to CAG.

You will be advised NOT to speak to these people on the phone. Unless you are able to record telephone conversations, it is best that you keep everything in writing.

The link below is a good read with a letter in post 5 you can send regarding telephone harassment.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/99376-telephone-harassment-action-plan.html#post927347

Have you sent these companies a copy of your Income & Expenditure? The link below contains a budget planner and also template letters asking your creditors to accept lower payments.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

How long have you had these credit cards. Is it likey you have a fair few penalty charges you can reclaim perhaps to lower the amount owed?.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D