Urgent help with bebts needed

mykeie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5676 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i am in financial problems with loans, credit card and overdraft bebts and dont know where to turn ? i need advice on a few problems 1, i have run up an overdraft of £5000 which i have had for 3 years now with TSB and i just pay the O/D fees every month (O/D interest £74, unplanned O/D fees £69). i have my child benifit money £122 paid into that account and it gets swollowed up as i am overdrawn with the charges each month ? i have read on the forums that i can stop them from taking this and my next payment is due in on tuesday is there anyway i can get this payment from them as i am over my limit with this months charges and it will offset the money that is owed ? 2nd thing is that i am thinking of contacting one of these companies that help you get debt free in 60 months as they write to your creditors and offer them reduced payments. is this a good idea and does it work?

any help will be greatfull please.

thanks mykeie

first of all thanks for the replies it give me a lift and boosts my confidence.

Let me tell you about today after i read a few replies i went to see the manager at TSB. i told them i am in financial trouble and i cant afford to repay the overdraft and the charges are making things worse! she put me on the phone to a collections department as they say my accout had been passed on to them but nobody had informed me?? i spoke to a man who just said that i need to repay the debt and there was nothing he could do to help. after reading other threads on this forum about banks i let him have it and told him what i wanted! i want the interest stopped and want unfair charges put back onto the account which will reduce the overdraft and with the interest stopped for a while i could repay some of the debt. so let it be known that i have offered to repay the debt as i know the telephone conversation is recorded ? it seem to through him out of his stride and he then said that he will stop interest charges for 6 months then it will be reviewed!(quite a u-turn dont you think?) but he could not fefund any unfair charges. i said i was happy with the offer and would take the next steps to reclaim the charges myself. also they have now stopped taking my child benifit as payments for charges.(more info from the forums.what a help)