The Rant zone (aka insanity v gyzmo)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5693 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes, I am in a bad mood and I haven't even left the house yet. Sooo this thread will serve as my own little rantathon - feel free to contribute!

Daft things people (usually parents) say and do

When telling someone you are going on holiday, they ask if you are going anywhere nice. Errr, well actually I was looking at Barbados but settled on two weeks in some prison cell in North Korea.

On a cold day, what exactly is this benefit your mother/granny keeps telling you of re. scarves / coats?

Going out on a cold day with a T shirt and a scarf on. What's that all about?

Why, as soon as the temperature drops below 17 degrees ©, do people immediately dress up as though we're in another ice age? What are they going to wear when its cold?

When saying one is going somewhere (e.g, butchers), you are asked why. Errr, I'm going to the butchers to buy some wallpaper.....

Inni(t)

Why oh why do people with umbrellas not put them down when under shelter or even when its not actually raining?

When you've found something, of course it was in the last place you looked. You wouldn't carry on looking for it if you have already found it! Stop saying it!

Breathe in - hold aaand out. Ahhhh! Rant mode off!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When telling someone you are going on holiday, they ask if you are going anywhere nice. Errr, well actually I was looking at Barbados but settled on two weeks in some prison cell in North Korea.

LOTI it's like when you're out for a meal and after you've finished somebody asks you if it was nice... "Errr no it was disgusting but I just sat here and ate it all regardless..."

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I'm with you today Gizmo.

I'm in a stinking bad mood. Nearly had my car rammed into this morning. Guy came flying out a junction, on his phone and reading a map!!! :mad:

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

oh god this is gonna be one long thread. Rite here i go.

ppl who move about an inch when u are trying to get threw with a buggy cant they see it will need to be more or do they except the wall/ aisle teh other side to just disappear.

ppl who dont turn there indicators off. so when i am walking up the road to meet son from school you think they are going to be turning the next left/right but they go straight on.

bloody idiot male drivers.

LOWERED paths are not there for you to parking front of. thre for ppl with mobility scooters and wheelchair nd buggys to get down the path easily and dont u dear think u will be getting out of the parking ticket u got for parking there.

useless polic officer.

got broken into over christmas 2005/new year 06. still to this day the police have not told us they have convicted the person that broke in. His brother told us he walked onto a police station and admitted it.

shop assistants.

you bloddy work there so dont go asking ur customers where the item is on the shelf

old ladys with those stupid trolley things. Its a wheelchair and buggy area on the bus just cause ur old and have a trolley it does not mean u have the right to sit there.

Ignorant company.

they fail to follow the oft guidelines on debt recovery because they dont communicate with the appointed person. They continue to chase for money that is not owed and never was owed. they continue to chase for money even thought docs have been produced to say money was not owed, told use we have frauded the docs-there word not mine, told use unless we give them a phone number they are going to prosectue us cause we are hampering the process of obtaining there money. Telling me the CCa1974 does not exist.

Taxi companys.

they lie to u the take the longest route to gain more money and they are bloody ignorant. dot help u with the shopping and demand they are paid b4 u take the service. Charging u more than they can. then when u have been waiting and hour still expecting full pay.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

People with buggys (present company excepted of course) who think they have a God given right to walk wherever they chose and expect everyone else to avoid them. Buggys are commonly known as battering rams in this house.

Agree entirely about the stupid trolleys on buses, even more so when they sit in the 'priority seats' with the d**n things next to them, and God help you if you ask them to move it.

People who leave their shopping in the bus aisles totally oblivious to the fact that you need to get past and not everyone can step over it.

Every impatient person who has ever been walking behind me and either doesn't notice or doesn't care that I can't walk any faster.

On a more positive note, thank you to the very kind secondary school child who gave me his seat on the bus on Monday. You proved that not everyone in this town is an inconsiderate sod.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Every impatient person who has ever been walking behind me and either doesn't notice or doesn't care that I can't walk any faster.

Every slow person who hasn't noticed or doesn't care that I'm desperate to get past them and who won't move to one side to let me get past! :)

People who can't or won't think outside their box. They've "got to follow the rules"... Example, you need to go to the bank to get cash without your card (wrong coat / "borrowed" by family member - whatever). Instead you've got

• your passport (proof of signature and photo id),
  • a mini statement with your signature on it (because you got it from the counter and not an ATM)
  • a full statement.

You finally get to the counter and the cashier tells you "I can give you cash with this proof of ID if your card is lost or stolen but otherwise I can't". WHY THE HECK NOT! If it's good enough if the card's been lost / stolen how come it isn't good enough when you're temporarily separated from your card?

Unreliability - People who say they'll do something by a certain time and then don't. People who "move the goal posts". People who cancel meetings after I've already left to get to said meeting!

People who don't understand that my time is valuable to me.

Queues - has any one else noticed that we spend huge parts of our day in queues? Post Office - 1 hour queue - 1 counter open throughout the 1 hour wait, 1 counter open part of the time and 2 counters firmly closed.

Repeat Prescriptions - If I've got an on-going condition why can't the doctor write one prescription that can be repeated three times without him/her having to re-authorise it? It necessitates two trips - one to the surgery and then one to the chemist 48 hours later each time the prescription is repeated. My way there'd just be one trip to the chemist. Saving doctor's time, journey time /car wear & tear /my time.

My local Tesco - where they're short-staffed. As a result staff are continually being taken from stacking shelves to man the tills and the shelves are empty!

Government interference - I think I'll lose it completely if I start on that!

Litter - please take it home with you or throw it in a bin.

My posts are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. You should seek the advice of a qualified insured professional.

Todays bone of contention.

People who use a lift to go up or down one floor. I work on the 8th floor and I'm forever waiting ages for the lazy swines below. I don't mind if folks have a health-related reason that they need the lift but the vast majority of the employees are just fickle, lazy idiots.

oh god this is gonna be one long thread. Rite here i go.

ppl who move about an inch when u are trying to get threw with a buggy cant they see it will need to be more or do they except the wall/ aisle teh other side to just disappear.

ppl who dont turn there indicators off. so when i am walking up the road to meet son from school you think they are going to be turning the next left/right but they go straight on.

bloody idiot male drivers.

LOWERED paths are not there for you to parking front of. thre for ppl with mobility scooters and wheelchair nd buggys to get down the path easily and dont u dear think u will be getting out of the parking ticket u got for parking there.

useless polic officer.

got broken into over christmas 2005/new year 06. still to this day the police have not told us they have convicted the person that broke in. His brother told us he walked onto a police station and admitted it.

shop assistants.

you bloddy work there so dont go asking ur customers where the item is on the shelf

old ladys with those stupid trolley things. Its a wheelchair and buggy area on the bus just cause ur old and have a trolley it does not mean u have the right to sit there.

Ignorant company.

they fail to follow the oft guidelines on debt recovery because they dont communicate with the appointed person. They continue to chase for money that is not owed and never was owed. they continue to chase for money even thought docs have been produced to say money was not owed, told use we have frauded the docs-there word not mine, told use unless we give them a phone number they are going to prosectue us cause we are hampering the process of obtaining there money. Telling me the CCa1974 does not exist.

Taxi companys.

they lie to u the take the longest route to gain more money and they are bloody ignorant. dot help u with the shopping and demand they are paid b4 u take the service. Charging u more than they can. then when u have been waiting and hour still expecting full pay.

Have you come up for air yet God Mother :D

Bet you feel better now you have got all that off your chest.

Took your advice and changed my name.........thanks. elaineh:p

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

I'm in a stinking bad mood. Nearly had my car rammed into this morning.

Anything to do with the fact that you don't know the difference between first gear and reverse?

It's scary driving behind you and seeing your reverse lights come on all the time!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

yes i have come up for air. Yes i do feel better but i have got loads more.

PPl who dont look where there walking then walk into you.ur buggy and expect you to appologise.

ppl who come to ur door and despite a relly big notice and you asking them not bothering to shut the gate.

Agents for greenwoods/provident who keep comming to my door. IF you come once more i might just tell you were to shove the £100-£250 worth of vouchers.

ques. There is a till open over there which i would like to use so please dont accuse me of trying to jump the que.

post. I dont get enough and when i do it is mostly junk mail or companys that think closing the file and passing it back to the OC is sufficant respose to my formal complaint.

PPL digging up the pathway telling me that i cant go home as they are digging up the path by my house. Ok then my daughter need changing and is due a bottle in 10 mins exactly how do they expect me to feed and change her without acessing my house.

my sons school teacher stating the beleeden obvious. YES the kids will b wet as it is raining.

easy open boxes that arnt easy.

spending 45 minutes in a que for my meds then for them to tell me they have not got them and i need to come back tomorrow. Thanks you siad u had them when i handed the script in.

the idiot 2 doors down. I dont care that u getup at 5am just to get to college but next time u turn your stero on full blast and start burping down the mic at 5 am i my just feed u to my dog.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Todays bone of contention.

People who use a lift to go up or down one floor. I work on the 8th floor and I'm forever waiting ages for the lazy swines below. I don't mind if folks have a health-related reason that they need the lift but the vast majority of the employees are just fickle, lazy idiots.

I so understand what u say sometimes it is quicker for me to walk up the stairs even with the buggy.

And whilst we're ranting, this still annoys me - the situation has not improved whatsoever.

Anything to do with the fact that you don't know the difference between first gear and reverse?

It's scary driving behind you and seeing your reverse lights come on all the time!

Sooooooo not my fault!!!!

The guy who fixed my gears has messed them up.

But the look on your face was priceless....:D:razz:

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

:lol::lol:

F&Q's... Read here

I might be a valid reason to visit Stoke.

There are plenty of male only supermarkets...................most of them have blacked out windows :eek:

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

it would have been nice to see the itroduction of checkouts that actually get used instead of a que half way round the shop for 2 members of staff and 20 empty checkouts.

huggy u need ned flanders. Maybe u shop open a shop with left had stuff

Just thought of something else.

Why oh why does no one ever visit when you've just finished cleaning the lounge, but only when teenager no 1 had friends over last night? Said friends (not teenager of course!) having left their pizza boxes, empty glasses and squashed beer cans everywhere, the dogs been sick on the mat from eating left over pizza and booze, I didn't get to sleep until 3 am because of the noise and I haven't even got dressed never mind looked in a mirror.

Six hours and plenty of nagging (and help) later, and the house is tidy but expected guests phone to cancel 45 minutes after they were due to arrive.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

think they call that sods law RMW