A Complete Slc Mess!!! Aaargggh!

Sidnee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5656 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right deep breath people, i'll try keep it short! BUT PLEASE HELP ME!:

I have problems proving my income therefore have problems with the slc accepting my deferment, which often means i have arrears & charges etc etc. In the past i have foolishly repaid these arrears and any inclusive charges with out question. DOH! :(

But after reading various threads on here, i am heartened, but also quite confused. I have scattered correspondence from slc, and the various guises they come in, scotcall, dlc (and like a muppet i poo'd my pants not knowing they were the same company and paid them!) etc etc. I have statements that only seem to include certain charges, i'm sure i have paid back more charges than they have listed me so far, my arrears seem to cross 2 sections of deferment making things more confusing!! so.........

Am I right in thinking the best starting point is for a cca request and a s.a.r so i can try and get a reasonable starting point to figure out what is/isn't owed? and am i correct in thinking they cannot enforce any action while this is in dispute? the stuff i have says i owe them 924 quid, 120 of which is charges, ? but i reckon there are more charges than that to come off (PROB PAID TWICE AS MUCH IN PREV ARREARS AGREEMENTS!), plus i can back date it for 3 months can i not? which is another 202 quid off! makes it about 600 quid at the most! :-?

I will grugdingly admit that my arrears are prob half my fault and so i will have to pay them back, but not with the charges on, surely not and anyone know if there is a time limit on paying them back? they want it paid in like 6 months at 70 quid a month or something stupid like that!!. I have also noted that as soon as you dont tow the line they get very grumpy and very rude, almost bordering on abuse! (i'd love to meet one so i could give em a mighty big slap!!!!) Told ya it was short! lol

HELP HELP HELP! muchos gracias!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sidnee- when are your loans from- pre-1998 or post-1998?

You can reclaim your charges as with banks. Do a SAR to get a full list of any charges incurred. Then put the account into dispute, sending off a prelim letter asking for the charges back.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

I know loans pre-1998 are covered by the CCA, I don't know about after.

I think you should still be able to reclaim any charges though.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .