Defaults not marked as "satisfied" after discharge according to Experian - advice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4622 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

My partner was declared bankrupt in 2004 and this was all sorted out and she was discharged in 2005.

However Barclays, Barclaycard and a catalogue company still have the debts listed as outstanding, rather than "satisfied" and this is obviously causing a bit of concern, not to mention problems with credit scores etc.

I'm not familiar with what happens with this sort of thing so would appreciate any advice you can offer.

Thanks!

Nat West - £1321 SETTLED IN FULL!

Nat West CC - £150 SETTLED IN FULL!

Halifax - £30 SETTLED IN FULL!

Halifax Joint Account - £496 SETTLED IN FULL!

Halifax CC - £150 SETTLED IN FULL!

Halifax Wife's Petrol Account - £118 SETTLED IN FULL!

If a Bankruptcy Order has been discharged or annulled and this is not shown on your credit report, send a copy of the Order of Discharge or Annulment to all credit reference agencies and ask for your report to be updated.

Dont know if this helps-maybe your partner did do this.Am new on the bankruptcy thread-so certainly-no expert-Tawnyowl

Edited by tawnyowl

My credit reference file has a default for a debt which was included in my bankruptcy. Is this right?

Yes. If a debt has been included in your bankruptcy, the creditor should have marked the account in default. The default will stay on your credit reference file for six years from the date of the default. After you have been discharged from your bankruptcy you can send proof of your discharge to everyone included in your Statement of Affairs. Those people whose debts were included in your bankruptcy should then mark the entry on your credit reference file to show that you no longer owe money on that account (perhaps by marking the entry as ‘satisfied’ or ‘settled’ or in some other way). However, the default will not be removed from your credit reference file until six years from the date of default. If you wish, you can ask the credit reference agency to add a statement called a ‘Notice of Correction’ to the default entry. In your statement, you may like to say that the entry was included in your bankruptcy.

Something else i found-maybe it helps

As the previous post indicated you need to write to the creditors and ask them to mark the amounts as settled on your credit file.

This is in line with the guidelines of the Information Commissioner.

If the company refuses, you can complain to the ICO about it.

We managed to get all open balances marked as settled after my husband's bankruptcy in 2006.

Tesco Credit Card wasn't playing ball but finally marked the balance as settled once the ICO got involved.