BCW - reprise (a legal notification)

davey_weir
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4794 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Just an update and a small request for a letter in response (if any is needed)....

Received this letter yesterday morning from Red Debt Collection Services (who are "a trading style of Lowell Financial Ltd"

PLEASE TAKE NOTE

You currently owe £714.85

Our aim is to help all our customers find a realistic option to repay the outstanding monies that they owe. Because we are the legal owners of this debt we can be far more flexible with regards to repayment options.

We understand that it can be easy to fall into financial difficulties due to no fault of your own, but the debt is not going to go away and I am sure you understand it needs to be repaid.

It is unfortunate that even after many attempts by ourselves to help you resolve this outstanding issue the balance remains unpaid.

In an attempt to get resolution on this outstanding issue we want to offer you 3 options of repayment which are outlined below.

1. Pay one payment of £357.43 as full and final settlement

2. Pay 3 equal payments of £142.97 over the course of the next 3 months as full and final settlement

3. Enter into a repayment plan and pay £40 per month by Direct Debit using the Direct Debit mandate enclosed, until the outstanding balance is cleared

Please call the number below and one of our advisors will be able to help you with your preferred option or discuss the possibilities of other arrangements.

If there is no resolution on this account by 16/03/2010 we will assume you are unwilling to pay and we will take appropriate steps to recover the outstanding monies.

Telephone 0844 844 4720

Yours sincerely

Kevin Allmark

Collections Manager

I need a letter to write to them along the lines of thank you for informing me that you are pursuing me for an allegded debt which I do not acknowledge. I also note that you have failed to respond to my Subject Access Request within the 40 day time limit. etc etc.

Please help.

Me v Barlcays Bank - Claim Stayed

Me v Jaguar Cars 1 - Won £1650

Me v Jaguar Cars 2 - Winning

Me v London Borough of Newham - Won, Warrant of Execution live

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear twit.

Thank you for the letter dated XXXX.

This account is in dispute as l do not owe O2 or you any money.

On XXX i sent O2 a full subject acess request and l am still waiting.

I am now sending a copy of your letter to the OFT inregards to a full complaint re O2 passing my account when they are fully aware this is in dispute. I am also sending the information comissioners office a complaint as O2 have broken the law whilest possing my account whilest in dispute and not supplying my SAR.

If you dont understand this letter please pass it to somebody who does. I would advise a solicitor.

Yours

Davey

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi

Just an update and a small request for a letter in response (if any is needed)....

Received this letter yesterday morning from Red Debt Collection Services (who are "a trading style of Lowell Financial Ltd"

PLEASE TAKE NOTE

You currently owe £714.85 PROVE IT.

Our aim is to help all our customers find a realistic option to repay the outstanding monies that they owe. Because we are the legal owners of this debt we can be far more flexible with regards to repayment options. Thanks but idont owe any money.

We understand that it can be easy to fall into financial difficulties due to no fault of your own, but the debt is not going to go away and I am sure you understand it needs to be repaid. understand what needs repaying??? i dont owe any money

It is unfortunate that even after many attempts by ourselves to help you resolve this outstanding issue the balance remains unpaid. What balance? there is no debt

In an attempt to get resolution on this outstanding issue we want to offer you 3 options of repayment which are outlined below.

1. Pay one payment of £357.43 as full and final settlement

2. Pay 3 equal payments of £142.97 over the course of the next 3 months as full and final settlement

3. Enter into a repayment plan and pay £40 per month by Direct Debit using the Direct Debit mandate enclosed, until the outstanding balance is cleared

Please call the number below and one of our advisors will be able to help you with your preferred option or discuss the possibilities of other arrangements. Thanks but l preffer everything to be in writing then l can prove what you have said in writing.

If there is no resolution on this account by 16/03/2010 we will assume you are unwilling to pay and we will take appropriate steps to recover the outstanding monies. I feel i am repeating my self but no money is owed. I will assume you cant understand ENglish.

Telephone 0844 844 4720 No thanks

Yours sincerely

Kevin Allmark

Collections Manager

I need a letter to write to them along the lines of thank you for informing me that you are pursuing me for an allegded debt which I do not acknowledge. I also note that you have failed to respond to my Subject Access Request within the 40 day time limit. etc etc.

Please help.

:)

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 1 month later...

Hello again, long time no speak!

Received this letter yesterday:

ae6uxy.jpg

Now, there are a few things wrong with this letter. Firstly I dont owe them a thing as I sent the phone back years ago now.

Secondly IT WAS SENT TO MY GIRLFRIENDS ADDRESS

I dont live there, shes going mad.

How have they got her address??

What can I do about this??!!

IGNORE it they dont have your addy tell ur GF that any letters addressed to you can be sent back return to sender

I said that but she said she already opened it cos you couldnt clearly see it was for me, only the address in the window of the envelope.

well if you have the envelope put on it opened in error due to not being able to read name. Not known at this address.

• 9 months later...

So - Its been just under a year since these cronies last tried to unlawfully claim money which they say I "owe" them.

Anyway, I have received a letter from Lowells saying that they have obtained a copy of my credit report (which, by the way, they unlawfully placed a default on over 6 years ago) and have discovered that I am still making payments to creditors from my home address. Therefore they now require full payment of £714. And, as a goodwill gesture they are willing to reduce the amount by 20%.

They want me to either pay in full, or make an arrangement to pay, and if they dont hear from me then they will seek to recover the cost by alternative methods i.e. coming through my door and taking my Mum's TV, my Mum's stereo, my Mum's DVD player etc etc.

I need a nice letter to basically say I acknowledge no such debt, I sent the phone back many many moons ago following the instructions of the o2 advisor, and that since then they have ignored my SAR AND I havent heard anything from them for 10 months.

Can anyone help??

Hi there

THEY CANNOT force their way in -- if they want to seize goods then they have to go back to Court again and request that the order be enforced via Bailiff's.

This isn't a quick solution for them either as they would first have to go for a CCJ which then wasn't complied with and then go back to court AGAIN for enforcement.

Also using Bailiff's for small amounts of Civil debt is a total waste of time since it costs THEM money, and you DO NOT HAVE TO LET THEM IN -- even for things like Unpaid Council tax -- details on that procedure is available in a different section in the Forum.

Only a HCEO (High Court Enforcement Officer) can forcibly enter your home and there's no chance of this debt going anywhere near the High Court. Just treat their letters as the usual scare threatogram stuff and ignore.

If they are STUPID enough to go for a CCJ you can offer the Court a nominal 1 GBP a month to pay this debt which should kill of any further action if you owe the money -- or if you don't owe the money then you will win the case and you can sting them for COSTS as well. Either way you are on to a winner.

If they are actually threatening alternative methods like coming in and taking stuff REPORT THEM AT ONCE both to the OFT and the various legal bodies --with a bit of luck any solicitors in the BCW outfit will have their licenses to practice the law REVOKED.

Cheers

jimbo

Edited by jimbo45

• 2 weeks later...

Had a message from an old colleague (as in about 8 months ago) saying that Red Services had contacted them requesting to speak to me.

I then received a text asking me to call BCW as soon as possible.

So thats now Lowells (two letters in two days), Red (one letter one phone call) and BCW (text) in a week.

When I get my SAR, I will THINK about responding (Ive been waiting for years for it!).

Received another phone call and text from BCW today. Harrassment??