RMA - anyone had any dealings

Perdita
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5682 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just had a call (at work) from these people wanting me to confirm address etc (which I wouldnt and she got very peeved)

Just wondered who they are and who they work for if anyone knows or has had any dealings with them

Thanks

Hi Perdita, RMA stands for Risk Management Alternatives and as Nornirongirl said, they are indeed a debt collection agency. I have had dealings with them and have to agree with Babybear and refuse to deal with them in any way other than by letter. Also it may be an idea to keep a log od ANY calls they make to you as they can be rather persistent and often unpleasant. If you search these forums for RMA you will find many examples of their conduct. Calling you at work is completely unacceptable and harrassing behaviour. Do not tolerate it

yes, they were trying to collect an alleged B/Card debt. I communicated only in writing, made a CCA request which they could not fufill. They referred the matter to two sets of solicitors (who shared the same address in Kingston -Upon- Thames!!) and I heard nothing from them when I took up the CCA argument. In the end RMA gave up and returned the alleged debt to B/Card.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes MBNA set them on me too! ! They telephoned me ten times at work in one day !They also send lovely postcards threatening to pay you a call!implying they are going to pay you a visit! at your home! but dont worry they dont! They mean that they are going to phone you but want you to think it is a home visit just to frighten and intimidate you.One lady here said she has a drawer full of these lovely postcards from them but no one has ever turned up at her door!Never talk to them on the phone ive never answered their calls and put phone down on them if i think it is them!Apparently they have beeen really insulting and verbally abusive to some people who are on this forum ,I am going to send them a telephone harresment letter by registered mail to try and stop them making these calls to my work place and home,:-D

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

They rang and texted my wife to her mobile phone. No idea where they got her name or number from as she is not named on my MBNA card, but she told them several times where they could go. They have never tried to phone me (luckily) which I find very stange. Get lots of nice letters and postcards from them though

ive now sent them a cca request and telephone harrasment letter but they persist in calling me at work despite me telling them i am recording and refusing to go through security

Thanks to this forum I dont get intimidated anymore and actually enjoy "playing" with them as well as others!:)

I'm really glad you are not letting them get to you Perdita. Wish they still called me, after I CCA'ed them they have run away and hid. I got to almost enjoy the round in circles security question thing.I told one of them that I wouldn't go through security because I thought he was stood really a stalker that was stood in a telephone box across the road from my house and told him I was waving at him through the window. LOL

RMA/NCO Preston are not the easiest nut to crack, but they will crack eventually.

It took me nearly 8 months to get shut of them with the help of Trading Standards.

Don't even consider calling them on the phone or even attempt to speak to them if they call you, unless you are very determined not to let them get to you.

There are arrogant, rude and down right insulting, they will make you feel like a criminal.

Don't answer any security questions and put the phone down. I know they are a nusence ringing all the time, but better that than speaking to them believe me.

If you dispute what the are claiming write to them once and once only, they never reply to any letters they are sent so its a waste of time sending them.

Sent the one letter disputing their claim by special delivery ( you have proof they got it then), not recorded as they never sign for them either and leave it at that.

I spent a fortune on postage writing to these idiots and never recieved one reply.

If they become too much contact your own branch of trading standards and also Steve Brimble at Preston Trading standard office, he has a drawful of complaints about this outfit. They should be closed down.