2007 Audi A4 Convertible Major Problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5703 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, in Nov 2007 I bought on a pcp an Audi A4 2.0Fsi Turbo Convertible, after the first couple of weeks I realised that the parking sensor it was supposed to have was not working, no sound at all so took it back and they fixed it, fair enough. Now, nearly only a year later I have major problems with the car, while I was filling up the water in the windscreen washer bottle, I noticed a bolt was loose, nearly off completely down in the engine bay on the connector of a hose, I'm not a mechanic so I dont know what it was, but it shouldnt have been like that!

The other problems are these:

There is a lot of rust on the subframe of the car.

A large peice of metal has fallen off the passenger seat from somewhere and is lodged in the runner of the seat and it cant be moved.

There is a loud rubbing sort of noise when the wheels are full lock both ways and going forward and reverse?

I should not have these problems with a car that is LESS that a YEAR old.

I have spoken to Audi and they have not done much, I'm waiting to speak to the sales manager. What do you guys think are the options here?, obviously I dont want to drive that car anymore, telling them I'm frightened to drive it incase something else from the car breaks. Its unlikely they're going to be able to find me a replacement, of the same spec, colour, age ect so thats not really an option. A new car? wouldnt that take months to order? if so, what do I get while I'm waiting and why should I have to pay my monthly fee for a car I dont drive anymore?

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

Ben

How many miles do you do a year?

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Certainly sounds like a bit of a "duffer" on that mileage. That said, everything I have heard is a little "niggle" as opposed to a major fault - other than the rust, which is a major concern.

At this stage, I would say that due to the age of the car, you do not have the option of forcing either a refund or replacement of the car, but Audi have an obligation to FULLY resolve all of the issues. I fail to see how they can resolved major rust without replacement of the vehicle...

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Yeah the other things are small problems, but the rust is major and if they repair it that means replacing the whole subframe of the car, that would negatively affect the residual value of the car, so yeah I would like them to replace the car but as I said, wouldnt it take another 6 months for them to order and have a new car built? thats inconvenience to me thats not acceptable.

I have no idea how long it would take - I am not a mechanic

I disagree that it would affect the residuals - I fail to see how if the work is performed FULLY and PROPERLY. There is no need to declare such work at any point unless asked - it is not like the situation with an insurance write off.:)

If they provide you with a courtesy car, that would be acceptable in law.

How is a courtesy car acceptable for 6 months wait due to their incompetance? So I'd be paying nearly £400 a month for a courtesy car? I dont think so. Also, maybe it would not affect the actual residual worth of the car but would put people off as in, when someone comes to buy the car they would ask to see receipts and think well if thats gone wrong within one year what else will go wrong?

It would be acceptable legally, as you have been put back into the same position in effect within the terms of your contract. If you personally would find it unacceptable, that is fair enough, but unenforceable.

The car is owned by the laesing company and it is them that you should be dealing with. ITs their car not yours, they are providing a service.

Any problems with the car of this magnitude should be through them. It is them that supplied the car for you or paid for it and its them that have the contract with the dealer, IIRC.