Me V Link, Urgent Help needed please.

jcl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4855 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

JCL....i'd like some opinion from other caggers, put it this way I wouldn't like to stand in front of a judge arguing about prescribed terms on this one....if the figures / calculations are way out then you MIGHT be ok.....

If it is indeed enforceable then claim any excessive charges on it (PPI also ??) and make an offer of repayment.....

Hi 42man

Thanks for your help, i have wrote to them with proposal. will update when i get reply though going to be away for few days? my oh uncle realy not too well got phone call last night .

Thanks again

jcl

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Back home yesterday, no reply from Link regarding my offer a bit worried as read before of a few people being sent Defaults,

is it worth sending them a S.A.R request and one to Abbey too ?

Help appreciated thanks

jcl

Don't worry, no-one has been sent a default which is worth the paper it is printed on as yet!

More importantly, I hope your uncle is on the mend.

• Haha 1

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi Emmaf01,

Thank you for info on defaults,

Thank you for asking after our Uncle who i am pleased to say is now on

the mend and will hopefully stay that way, OH was realy scared as he is the Father he never had.

Thanks again Emma,

jcl

Very glad to hear it.

If you have made Link a monthly repayment offer, start paying them as though they had agreed to it. If they accept the payment, they have accepted the offer.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

I would do what they would do in the circumstances.

Did you use letter J from the templates to make your offer?

If they haven't responded at all, I would send then letter J, adding at the end,

"If I do not receive a reply by DATE (14 days from posting), I will withdraw this offer."

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Hi Emma,

I wrote to them with a full and final settlement offer after reading

a board where someone was saying how much debts were bought

for (25% or more less than actually owed), not sure if right thing

to have done now.

Hope you well,

jcl

Also remember that they buy debt for a lot less then that. It could be 10-15p in the pound (an 85-90% discount) whilst the original creditor gets a tax write off on their loss

Even if they don't accept, it is a good first offer in negotiations. Is it the final figure for you, or are you looking to negotiate?

Sorry- have you offered 25% of the alleged debt or 75% approximately?

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

• 2 years later...

After not hearing from link for two years a woman rang last week to ask if I could pay debt off when I said I was not in a position to do so she mentioned that I had wrote over two years ago asking for full and final settlement ( dont remember doing this) but I did ask why it had took so long for contact to be made. Anyway up shot is they rang again Fri and Sat but I was out so no doubt they will ring Monday, should I offer a monthly payment offer ? not sure what to do now but I checked my credit file and they have defaulted it on there.

Help appreciated Thank you, jcl

Your quite right I just found copy now of letter sent I couldnt find it the other day it been moved to diff folder , they didnt reply to me back then not a word

Has anyone come to an agreement with Link over repayment plan if so what was outcome and also what is fair offer of repayment that would be acceptable, need to get this sorted urgently so any help is much appreciated

jcl

I will do that but not sure they will accept what I intend to offer, I have been reading posts regard link and others could I ask if this should be stature

barred as original loan was in 2002 but sold on ? also I have checked my Credit file and link have defaulted me on there but sent no notice to me and I was originally defaulted by Abbey for same loan.

Thanks 42man for reply

thanks for that 42man but I think it be 4 years since I last paid on the debt and I did write to Link two years ago offering a full and final settlement to which they did not respond to till they phoned last Friday and have left message today to contact them regarding this account, so don't think I can go for statue barred now.

• 4 weeks later...

wont accept my offer of payments...keep ringing up but now i dont answer phone left messages to ring them...any advice as to what to do now please.

also my OH was the main holder not me but no contact made with him so can he statue barred this account even though they keep coming for me ??