British Gas Fixed price issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5670 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everybody,

Just a quick question for you all, I went back to british gas for my supplier of Gas and Electrisity due to the fixed price promoise untill 2010. I went back with them in Jan/Feb 2006. I have been going over some of my bills from them since then and despite the original promise of fixing the price till 2010, this does not seem to be the case.

I have so far calculated that on my electric alone I have overpaid by £237.40, and that does not include the extra VAT added @5%, nor does this include my bill between july 2007 and march 2008 (missing bill), and on my gas, this is currently £42.71 again this does not include the extra VAT nor the same period of missing info!

I queeried this with British Gas and they said they would invstigate this and get back to me within 30 days, well it's been like waiting for my bank statements to arrive, and still no sign!

I will be contacting them today regarding this and will also drop them a line as well.

Anybody else had this issue, or have British Gas been sly in creepng up their tarrifs without us realising?

stay fresh peeps

regards

chris

I've also got the BG fixed 2010 tariff, and was working for them at the time this came out. It sounds as if your registration was not actioned - the 2010 fixed prices came out in 2005 and was a limited offer (in terms of the number of customers accepted).

I can't be 100%, but I do seem to remember some customers who registered in early 2006 were too late.

What tariff shows on your bills?

Hi ATD,

thanks for that, but the reason I came back to British Gas was the incentive they offerred :D, and at the time they persuaded me to rejoin. And although I have every sympathy with British Gas during this non-profit making era they are struggling with :rolleyes:, I really do feel that they have mis-sold me a deal which seems to be non-existent!!!:mad:, and I think that I have every right to claim this back and whats more I am going to claim this back + interest AND that British Gas have to hold their promise to me as a returned customer that the deal was 'PRICES FROZEN TILL 2010 AND THATS A PROMISE!!!!!!!!'

Stay fresh peeps

regards

chris

• 1 month later...

Well,

contacted british gas again as they have just set an up todate bill for both my gas and my electric and the gas is currently @£22 debt (as I have paid £450 in 3 monthly instalements) and £135 ish on electric (having paid 3x£90 monthly payments).

They reviewed my account and then wanted to put my gas up to £235 pm and my electric up to £146 pm.

I again questioned the price incease and as to why when i queeried the initial price fixed garauntee back in May that no one had had the curtesy to contact me to let me know the outcome of the broken promise.

Well after a little digging the chap at the other end of the phone actually stated that not only had I been paying for the increases that when I went back to BG my prices not only should have been fixed but prior to the garauntee we were on a pre-payment meter for both gas & electric, so that should have been about 4p per kwH for the 1st whatever then 2p for the remaining, then when we reverted back to a credit account (cleared the arrears) we should have then gone down to just over 2p per kwH for the first bit and just a little bit less for the remainder!!

So the chap then said because of this they have to cancel all the past bills from mthe day we joined and re calculate them backdated to Jan 2006 and our dd will be ammended to suit.

So not including the overpayment calculated previously, I think I should have a fairly small if any dd to pay for a while.

fingers crossed.

stay fresh peeps

chris