O2 iphone contract advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5702 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I did something very very stupid and would appreciate any advice. I havnt been well and now diagnosed with depression which makes me do stupid things I would not normally do, gives a high I suppose.

I already have a contract with them for a normal phone and got very stressed and went into the store and came out with an iphone. Now I know it was me who did it, I am just pig sick rather than go home after feeling paranoid I went in store and signed up just to sit down.

This was a week ago and I thought you had 14 days to cancel. I called and was told the fact I had a contract running with them before meant I was not a new customer and they would not cancel it and let me return the phone. Is this true as I thought the two contracts would be seperate its not as if it was an upgrade.

I feel a twit as it is and the silly thing is I hardly use either phone, only in emergency. I normally do not go out on my own as these attacks turn me into a freak. Any how is there anything I can do I am being refered for help at hospital, but financially I cant work out how to repair this.:???:

Surely they would better have the phone back then me not pay it as I wont use it anyhow, too complicated for me any how.

.....I thought you had 14 days to cancel. I called and was told the fact I had a contract running with them before meant I was not a new customer and they would not cancel it and let me return the phone. Is this true as I thought the two contracts would be seperate its not as if it was an upgrade.

I presume you got this through an o2 retail store.

Whilst I'm sure there are some decent people in o2 Retail, most of the time they seem to give conflicting information, and then cause the customer and the call centre staff a lot of headaches. This is more so if the store is a franchise. You do get a 14 day cool off period in store unless you upgrade an existing account.

If you have 2 different phone numbers, and have not done an iphone upgrade on your existing account, you will have 2 different account numbers on the billing system.

As for cancelling due to your depression, you are going to need a letter from a consultant confirming that your are incapable of making logical decisions during the episodes of depression. Unfortunately o2 will not just accept your word for this as it is one of the most common reasons for trying to rescind a contract, hence the requirement for written medical proof. A little harsh but it means that the genuine cases can be treated sympathetically.

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.

Correct it was a store and thanks for the advice. Tomorow is one week so I will see my doctor on monday and ask for a letter and then go to the store within the 14 days and hopefully get them to liase with head office. You are right they are seperate accounts and I have been very silly so I hope they understand. Will update. Thanks again.

You should still be able to return the phone unless you bought it from carphone warehouse or more than 14 days have passed.

The only exception is if you upgraded onto it which from sounds of it you took out a new connection

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

Just an update. My son on the way home from school on his bike was run into by an adult on a bike and his phone got smashed. It was a recent birthday buy and he was upset, so we have agreed that he will take on my first phone (sim) and happily pay the contract ammount which is less then he pays on pay as you go. He gets a new phone and uses my sim (were going to make sure he has a phone that will not have internet access and blocks premium numbers, so I dont get huge bill)

I can play away with the iphone. I must admit with my eyesight the numbers come up large on it and cuts out the problem of the tiny keys on my old phone, hopefully with the free internet I can stop accidently turning on the internet on the old phone which kept costing me money.

I will learn to not be so stupid in the future and my sons intelligent, we should be okay.

ps. Thanks to the poster who pm'd me with the o2 advice.