Parkforce got the bailiffs involved..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4797 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Basically I'm having a bit of trouble with Parkforce..

Got a letter saying my car had been parked in a bay at Salford Uni in May (Illegally) and that I owed something ridiculous like £60..

So I thought, pfft, ingored that letter.. Then 3 months later, got another saying they wanted £130 odd.. So I sent them a letter confirming the car was mine, but I asked them to confirm to me who the driver was..

1 Month later (today) some Bailiff company phoned me to advise me they were coming to my house in 2 weeks. I told them where to shove it as I was still in dispute with Parkforce (who didn't reply to my letter)..

Phoned up Salford Uni today explaining the situation and that I would be happy to go to court.. They told me there's nothing they can do and I should just sort myself a solicitor out.

Knowing that I owe parkforce nothing, do I really need to get ready for court?

I would have thought that they would be debt collectors, as opposed to bailiffs, as there has been no court action and no judgment against you.

I'm sure that the templates section covers documents that could be relevant here (and I'm sure some of the more knowledgeable posters will give you more details).

Faced with a similar position, I might first consider a letter to the debt collector, informing them that the debt is in dispute, and to cease all contact.

Then, a letter to the PPC denying their claim to any debt.

Finally, a letter to the Uni, informing them of the unlawful actions of their agents.

have they issued real court papers ? which bailiffs was this ? (their call was rubbish or course).

Nothing has been issued. I didn't take the name of the Bailiffs, but they did point out to me they were 'coming' in two weeks. I told them not to bother as I was still in dispute - but apparently 'the dispute has been settled, we've been told by parkforce'..

Bit of a joke really, but I think i'm going to contact my Student Union and get someone onto it.

Just to be safe. If someone phoned you purporting to be bailiffs then they will need a warrant which will have resulted from a County Court case. Ask them for details of the warrant. If they refuse then inform them that you will be reporting the matter to the police. If they can give genuine details then it might be that you have been taken to court and lost in your absence. This is one of the rare, very rare, ways that ppcs win. Then you would need to contact the Court to explain that no papers were received.

It's probably all just bluff but best to make sure and then firmly tell them to FRO!

-

I would make an appointment, get them to drive to location (they probably wouldn't though..) and then tell them to depart (after having a nice smile at them). All the while vidoeing the event.

Given the kind of people we are talking about, is that wise?

-

I've decided my plan of action. First of all I'm going to see if they actually do turn up at my address - If they do, fair enough.. If they turn up and don't come with court papers I'm going to tell them to leave.

If they turn up with genuine papers, I'm going to contact my Student Union and get them on the case.

I personally don't think they'll turn up, because I have already told them I'm prepared to go to court.. (Plus, my house is very difficult to find at the best of times and Sat Navs have a hard time.) :grin:

Thanks for the advice all - Watch this space!

If they turn up with genuine papers, I'm going to contact my Student Union and get them on the case.
If they have genuine papers (i.e. a court order / warrant), the union would not be the first person I would call - Instead, I would follow Ting's suggestion and call the court, who are in a position to do something about it.

1 Month later (today) some Bailiff company phoned me to advise me they were coming to my house in 2 weeks.

Just sounds like a debt collection agency to me. Likelihood of them coming to your house are very slim. And once they're there, they can only knock on your door like any member of the public.

They can't take anything and you don't have to answer the door. On the other hand, you could invite them in for a cup of tea. They can't do anything apart from talk to you!

Got a letter through the door today from Rossendales Collect - Some crap about I need to pay in 7 days.. OR ELSE... :eek: ha.

Even though I've told them I would happily go to court, they are now threatening me with court action! :rolleyes:

Personally I think it's a shallow threat, but we can only wait and see..

i read a thread about this a while back

rossendales is infact a baliff company

they have branched out into the dca biz

no doubt if they turn up at you door, they will show a baliff badge to intimadate you

dont be fooled,

this is just a dca biz hiding behind a baliff company, no powers with out a court order, though, no doubt they would like you to think different.

this has to be a conflict of interest and i wonder if they have a consumer credit licence to branch out like this

this has to be a conflict of intrest

is they turn up to do a DCA PPC thing and flash their badges - or just claim to be bailiffs. 1) get a note of their SIA number - write it down. then 2) ask to see the warrant. 3) when they say there isn't a warrant. 4) ask why they presented themselves as a bailiff when they are not carrying out the duties of a bailiff. 5) note their answer. 6) whatever their answer to 4 report the cr@p out of them to the SIA.

If they do turn up, you can tell them you are withdrawing any implied rights of access to them.

Implied access means the paperboy can walk on your drive and anyone can use your doorbell or knock on your door. If you withdraw this access to any party, they are no longer allowed to set one foot on your property or touch your door or doorbell.

• 2 years later...

This was back in 2008, but I can confirm no action was taken.

I sent them a cease and desist letter and that was it. I remember totaling the amount I 'owed' them and it was around £2500 haha.

What a ridiculous situation. Just intimidation and abuse really.