Equifax requiring even MORE information.

madpriest
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5665 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Applied online to equifax for my £2 report.

They took the money from my Debit card but have now sent me a letter

requiring more documents., utility bills, passport/driving licence.:confused:

Do I need to let them have these - after all they took the cash

from my card, that should be enough. They are also sending the report to the address on file.

Isn't that enough information? How should I respond?

Remind them of their legal duty under the Data Protection Act. As you say, theey have been happy to take your money, and will send to the address you've lodged with them - if that's on the Electoral Register, against your name, they have no issue.

They do not legally need ANYTHING with your signature on it.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Equifax require more information from me to.

I sent a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter to them and they have posted a form back for me to complete before they can apparantly send the documents out to me.

Included on the form is a section asking 'Are you or have you ever been a Director or a Secretary of a Company? if yes please provide the following'

Company Name

Position in Company

Address of Company.

The form then goes on to ask ' Are you or have you had your own business or been a Sole Trader?.

At the bottom of the form it then asks 'If you believe we hold e-mails that contain personal data relating to you could you please provide us with the'

The names of the authors of the message

The names of the recipients of the message

The subjects of the e-mails

The date range of dates upon which the messages have been sent.

Why an earth would I want to provide them with my company details and position, what benefit does that have for me and I wonder how they would be using that kind of information.

How an earth do I know what e-mails have been sent to and from Equifax and a third party, I left my crystal ball at work.

I have an online account with Equifax, I have provided them with my addresses for the last 6 years along with my Date of Birth, why can they not send the documents based on this information.

I think they are fishing so they can furnish the DCAs with more informaion.

Edited by Switch

Have you a credit report from them before, if yes, referring them to the reference on that report.

CRA's want as much information as they can extract from you to feed their clients ie DCA's.:evil:

I would not know about the OP but I have had a credit report from Equifax before. I have the online account where I pay monthly and have done so for about 3 years now.

From the form that they send out its clear that they are fishing for more details on you to I can only imagine further populate the database, but for me the question is, am I obliged to complete the form so they send the documents.

I really do not see why I should have to, but I would like some clarification on where I would stand before I send them a bogoff letter telling them that I am not obligated to fill out the form so just comply with my request I sent and get the documents in the post.