So angry at Barclays

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6494 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:-x I had an appointment with Barclays this morning to get a buildings insurance quote. Mine is due for renewal and I had picked up a leaflet in the bank a short while ago stating if they could not beat your renewal quote they would match it and also give £50 for switching to them. Thought I was on a winner. My quote for renewal was £216, Barclays gave me their quote - a massive £475, note this is just for buildings not contents as well. The advisor at the bank was shocked it was so high. I mentioned the leaflet I had, and she said yes there was an offer on at the moment and phoned through to insurance services who told her, no they could not beat the quote, and there was nothing they could do. I reminded her of what it said in my leaflet and she said she would go speak to the manager to see what he said, she asked if she could just have a look at my leaflet and took it with her to see the manager. back she came saying they could not help as the quote has to be within a hundred pounds difference, and as it was more the offer did not apply. Showing me a new brochure which stated the £100 thing. She said they must have new leaflets now and asked where I had got mine and where from. I told her I only picked it up a couple of weeks ago at their bank. Needless to say I didn't get anywhere and they didn't give me my leaflet back, which I thought no more of till I got home. I could have kicked myself, i should have hung on to it. Does anybody know if this would have made a difference, could I have complained? Sorry to rant on, needed to get this off my chest:-x

Don't give up - complain!! They must have other copies of the leaflet from the date you got yours. They prpobably changed the text becasue they were getting too many claims :) I'd put it all in a letter and if you have the time hand deliver it to your branch, asking for a receipt, or send it recorded delivery, saying the terms you read mentioned £50.00 cash back and you want it. It would help if you still hand the leaflet but it shouldn't stop you. You could also threaten them with the small claims court, but that might be a bit exessive for £50.00, but you could report it to the local paper or even a national paper. Or on the BBC site the there is a money section where you can report such things. Thing is to embarress them, or at least threaten to and if they don't respond, then to do it.

Neil.