Barclaycard/Mercers Dept Collectors

Gazza112
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5004 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No diving suit then, Gazza ? :D

No only use the diving suit Tuesdays and Fridays :-D.

Note to self, change diary dates to Mondays and Wednesdays :D

hiya Gaz

hope you are okay,,

me too, sending second letter out to bcard, we must follow smt ' lead and all bombard our requests in the name of being Very reasonable,,,lol

have a sunny day laters angel x

I have this vision of Angel standing outside the offices of Barclaycard bombarding the staff with rolled up CPR letters :D:cool:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey CB

that last post reply to me was so funny, thank you

can't rep you again today, cos ive got to spread the word around a bit,,,lol

now Really dont give me any ideas :p

sorry for my light humour Gaz on your thread

have a happy eve all

catch up laters angel x:)

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Hi CitizenB

I can change Mondays ok, But Wednesday is a problem as thats my Mountenering day:eek:.

Gaz

Umm, not in that diving suit, goggles n flippers I hope :eek:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Umm, not in that diving suit, goggles n flippers I hope :eek:

No, just me wolly bobble hat.

Been training today for the mountain climb, using me step ladder to get used to the heights :eek:.

Climbed 4 steps today was very scairy:eek:.

Gaz

hiya Gaz

well i do try and not get into trouble but i somehow still do,,,oops

that halo is so hard to keep on you know when you are laughing out loud at stuff on a computer screen at times, this site is so humourous

i told you i got truecall didnt i? flatheads from mercers keep ringing but i dont hear ya,,,, oh i feel so guilty for not hearing the phone :eek:

okay must get back on track,,,,,,,,,,

well im looking forward to another sunny day tomorrow and more letters,,,

have fun keep positive and keep happy laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

hiya Gaz

well i do try and not get into trouble but i somehow still do,,,oops

that halo is so hard to keep on you know when you are laughing out loud at stuff on a computer screen at times, this site is so humourous

i told you i got truecall didnt i? flatheads from mercers keep ringing but i dont hear ya,,,, oh i feel so guilty for not hearing the phone :eek:

okay must get back on track,,,,,,,,,,

well im looking forward to another sunny day tomorrow and more letters,,,

have fun keep positive and keep happy laters angel x

'ere Angel,

I've been running True Call too for about a month now, idiots at mercers still call four times a day (all numbers blocked) finally got to ZAP a monkey today after they tried to beat the system by withholding their number and speaking their name - BOY DID I ENJOY DOING IT ! !

Beachy

HAHAHAHAHH bEACHEY

i sure know how that feels,,,

hey Gaz, if you can get it i promise it wont be money badly spent,,,

i love it too

im going to do a write up over the weekend and put my experience to share with others on this site

anyway everyone off to bed now thanks for the humour

nite nite angel x:lol:

Hi Angel

Yes, been thinking of getting Truecall as still get the odd call coming.

At the moment it's not to bad, as i think there ringing my old number which someone else took over. Poor thing must be getting hundreds of calls going to my old number.

How i know this is my neighbour phoned my old number and was told that they keep getting phone calls for me:eek:.

Gaz

'ere Angel,

I've been running True Call too for about a month now, idiots at mercers still call four times a day (all numbers blocked) finally got to ZAP a monkey today after they tried to beat the system by withholding their number and speaking their name - BOY DID I ENJOY DOING IT ! !

Beachy

Hi! I not got true call! So how does it Zap a monkey?:DI know they used to try and be crafty and just ask to speak to me by my first name but since i got answer macine they dont even do that! Just put phone down as soon as they get message! :D

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

I am hoping someone can help here ?

5 months ago my wife noticed fraudalant payments on her Littlewoods credit card, She called Littlewoods to enquire about these payments that had been coming on her statement.

They told her they would stop her card and send her a new one and investigate these transactions..a further month on and no claim form but charges for now she had gone over her limit which they established a charge for this, plus a late payment charge.

My wife has payed via DD every month with out fail.but this particular month after no claim form she decided to stop the DD and contact Littlewoods again,she was told that they would send out another claim form.

now 4 months on and nothing, but she did recieve a new card, but now she was getting late charges and missed payment charges.again she phoned and requested for the third time a claim form.another month now has gone by and no claim form.

Now she has got a letter from Mercer Debt agency requesting payment not payed on the account, but as my wife tried to explain to Littlewoods that nearly £130 in transactions were not hers.

My wife spoke to Mercer on Sunday the 26th April to discuss the amount in question that Littlewoods believe that she owes, she told them on several ocassions on the phone that she believes she is not liable for the out standing request that mercer are asking for becaue fraud had happened on her card and she has attempted over the last 4 months to get a claim from littlewoods to appeal against these payments.

All they stated that she had to pay the out standing balance owed before they could even consider sending it back to Littlewoods. all the guy kept on saying is you have to pay you have to pay...

What she wants to know is that are the phone calls that were made between herself and Littlewoods recorded and logged..as she has clearly stated that the transactions have not been under taken by herself and she has put in a fraud claim.

"CAN U HELP PLEASE" as i do not want to start getting abrupt with them until i really know our ground of arguement is actually going to register ?

Hi Tiptopman,

Just in case you don't know how to start your own thread - because I hadn't got a clue and it took me about a dozen attempts !!!, here is the link:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/

About three inches down on the left hand side you will see a box saying 'Post New Thread'. Make sure you put 'Littlewoods' and also possibly 'Mercers' in the thread title and you'll get help from people who know what to do.

Best wishes,

Daniella.

hi, ive just found your thread, i have 2 barclays accounts, (got my own threads) the first one has sent me the same t&c as yours, ive wrote to them and they ignore me! so will get a cpr to them, ive done a cpr for the other account and they did eventually send me my credit agreement, its totally unenforceable, ive wrote and told them so and guess what? they've ignored me. so cpr does work at getting your agreement. i think they dont send them out because they cant enforce them. i'll watch your thread with interest and see if you get further than me,

:rolleyes::confused::rolleyes::confused:

Hi All

Just an update to this thread, Received a letter from Credit Solutions.

Here's what this letter said

img013333333.jpg

Received a letter back from Head Office of Barclay's Bank.

My letter was complaining why i hadn't received a reply from my 31.16 letter dated in January 2009

Here's the reply i received from Barclay's.

img014.jpg

Gaz

Edited by Gazza112

Flipping eck, Gazza.. a direct line telephone number.. You realise there are going to be a few people who will be extremely jealous :p

Creidt Solutions. Methinks it is a ruse to get you to phone them. Sadly, I dont think they will be offering you much in the way of a discount.

IMHO If you were to write to them, offering say % -10%.. all that would indicate to them is that you have / could get that amount of money and will just press for more.

This is what BRW has to say about F&F settlement offers

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-1771581.html

It seems a bit suspect to me that you should receive a letter from B/Card in respect of non compliance to your 31:16 letter at the same time receive this offer from CS :)

BCOBS

Strange that when most DCAs mention substantial discounts they always want you to ring them. If their offer is so great then surely they would put it in writing. A cynic might say they want you on the end of phone so their telephone threat monkeys can bully you.

Flipping eck, Gazza.. a direct line telephone number.. You realise there are going to be a few people who will be extremely jealous :p

Creidt Solutions. Methinks it is a ruse to get you to phone them. Sadly, I dont think they will be offering you much in the way of a discount.

IMHO If you were to write to them, offering say % -10%.. all that would indicate to them is that you have / could get that amount of money and will just press for more.

This is what BRW has to say about F&F settlement offers

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-1771581.html

It seems a bit suspect to me that you should receive a letter from B/Card in respect of non compliance to your 31:16 letter at the same time receive this offer from CS :)

Hi CitizenB

Yes, Know quiet a few people in high places lol.

It was really my upside down cake i think what did the trick with Barclay's :shock:. I'm just going to see what comes back from Barclay's

Gaz

Strange that when most DCAs mention substantial discounts they always want you to ring them. If their offer is so great then surely they would put it in writing. A cynic might say they want you on the end of phone so their telephone threat monkeys can bully you.

My thoughts exactly:D

BCOBS

Nice one Gaz. Wonder how you managed to find the directors office address and get a reply!

My cpr request 3.16 went no where not even a reply, think next step is the 3.14 request to follow it up a little lost at mo so watchin your thread.

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT

hi there am subbing and following with great interest . I have a bc account and it has been passedd over to mercers and they persistantly hounding me , regardless of the no calling / harrassment letter that i have repatedly sent them .

I cca bc got no joy other than t&c , set the account i diapute and have made no futher payments , to no avail , i have now used both of the CPR letters and they are coming to their 2nd deadline . They have not even responded, or acknowledged that they have recieved any and still persist to hound me for payment :confused:.......

So if you dont mind i do have my own thread but will be watching yours to see how it pans out & perhaps pinching a few of your ideas of what to do next ..

Good luck :) x

[email protected]

Morgan & Stanley/ Goldfish / Barclaycard : F & F Offer accepted , appealing Default on CRA's-ongoing:!:

HSBC : Managed Loan .F & F Offer accepted , appealing Default on CRA's-ongoing:!:

Littlewoods: No CCA , PPI INsurance claim. Took to court. Charges refunded. WON :D appealing Default on CRA's- ongoing :|

Hi All

Well i had a reply from Elisabeth Spayne ( Customer services ) today.

I'm a bit confused :confused: to the contents of the letter.

I think there a bit confused :confused:, as my letter that i sent them was the 31.16 letter i sent them. There wobbling on about the CCA letter with the £1 fee.

Here's what the letter said.

Barclaycard.jpg

Barclaycard1.jpg

Any surgestions on what reply i should send.

Gaz

Hi All

Well i had a reply from Elisabeth Spayne ( Customer services ) today.

I'm a bit confused :confused: to the contents of the letter.

I think there a bit confused :confused:, as my letter that i sent them was the 31.16 letter i sent them. There wobbling on about the CCA letter with the £1 fee.

Here's what the letter said.

Any surgestions on what reply i should send.

Gaz

Had the same response to my second CPR letter, but they didnt enclose the CCA and advised it would be coming by separate mail, that was 2 weeks ago :)

Just trying to save the money for the N244 court request now and of course watching how they comply with smt37's court order.

s.