Help with parking company

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5678 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I have prebooked parking for an event at wembley stadium from a company called parking at wembley. I found them online by looking through google and their advert on google said "next to Wembley stadium", although now its been changed to "secure wembley stadium car parking licensed and approved". Well I booked because I thought they were right next to wembley stadium, and their website says they do not give the exact address as they don't want people turning up without booking. But now I have had the address sent to me via email it is no where near wembley stadium and I'm really annoyed at this and want to cancel.

They claim they will not refund me as it is too close to the event and they need 48 hours to cancel, but I only booked today?!. What can I do about this? The company are very rude ans aggressive on the phone. Also I looked into the bpa licensed thing and it means in relation to clamping, doesn't say anything about parking, but I assume they put that bit in to fool stupid people like me into thinking they are official somehow. God I feel like an idiot.

Have a look on google by searching for the words "wembley stadium parking" and you will see the sponsored links with the company I am talking about. I can't post any links so please search on google.

I am really, really frustrated and annoyed, at myself I think more than anything else but surely there is some protection from this kind of thing by law?

Can I cancel and get my money back? I want to park in wembley stadium if possible not about 20 minutes walk!!! The whole transport to wembley stadium thing is a sham, the wembley stadium website says use public transport but on the other hand says they have plenty of spaces, yet i cant find their website!

Any help really appreciated.

i paid using my debit card but had to sign up for a google account first, which was also very annoying.

Interesting to read about the bpa thing, do you think it is worth me contacting them to let them know, maybe they can get involved or is that asking too much of them?

I was thinking of just shutting my mouth and using the space now i've paid for it but it just feels wrong somehow

It's a pity you didn't use a credit card as opposed to a debit card, as a credit card affords you more rights in disputes like this.

OK it's basically contract law, you have a contract with them, however the reason you entered into the contract in the first place was because you wanted parking close to a particular venue. If they would not disclose the venue address before you booked (and paid) but led you to believe it was next to (or a lot closer) the venue and it isn't then you can argue that you would not have entered into the contract in the first place and it should be declared 'Void Ab Initio).

Put in writing to the company that had they advised you of the location of the parking prior to taking your money you would not have accepted it, and also state that you tried to cancel as soon as you were informed of the location, which in essence gave them time to readvertise the space had they acted on it immediately (this will negate their cancellation notice, since a booking made and cancelled so close to each other would hardly result in a loss to the company).

Insist on a refund or a reply stating reasons why not in writing, and then post back

Mossy

I'd be tempted to ring their freephone number (ie their payments line) constantly asking for a refund, I've done this past and it worked (well actually I made a recording of me stating what I wanted and I set the computer to auto redial the number so every time they picked it up they heard my recording and every time they hung up it redialled them and played the recording, after some 8 hours the company rang my mobile phone and threatened me with the police, when I told them to ring the police they changed tack and offered me a refund, sometimes being a nuisance works!!!!!!!)

Mossy