style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5658 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone

I paid my arrear council tax at the council

but i was told that the balance has passed to rundle &co.

They said Im owing 197 pounds for fees

They are charging for :

- 2 visits

- Van

- Levy

I told that no one has entered my house

they replied that a levy can be made from looking inside from the window.

I complaint to the ipswich council who told me that the baillifs can charge as much as they want.

what shall I do ?

Kind regards

Hello everyone

I paid my arrear council tax at the council

but i was told that the balance has passed to rundle &co.

They sai 197 pounds.

For :

- 2 visits

-Van

-Levy

I told that no one has entered my house

they replied that a levy can be made from looking inside from the window.

I complaint to the ipswich council who told me that the baillifs can charge as much as they want.

what shall I do ?

Kind regards

IPSWICH COUNCIL are either stupid or they are lying through their collective teeth! Of course bailiffs can't charge 'as much as they like'.

The following are the legally prescribed charges where no levy has been made:

Bailiffs' first visit to address £24.50

Bailiffs' second vist 18

They cannot charge for subsequent visits no matter how many times they have come. If they have come only once, they can only charge for the first visit and if they have posted their demand rather than attended personally, they can't charge you anything for doing so.

As for being able to levey through a window, that is just nonsense, and the levy is not valid unless you have signed it. By the way, if you ever write to a bailiff company, make sure you print your name rather than sign the letter.

Find out how much you owe the council and pay them direct - in instalments if necessary. If you then find that the bailiffs have attempted to charge you more than they are allowed, don't pay them a penny. If they have attempted to cheat you they have forfeited the right to receive anything, and they are hardly likely to want to place the matter in front of a judge!

Let the bailiffs howl and scream as much as they like; let them waste their time and petrol coming to your door as much as they like. In the end, when they find you are a person who can't be bullied they will give up.

I read your answer with relief thank you very much.

My wife is scared as she thinks they can break in.

( they wrote in the letter)

we are receiving a letter every day from a Mr Richards and a Mr Gaynor .

with all sort of threats ...

But they never wrote how much are they charging for fees only by the phone

the council confirms that those letters are legal and that they have power to break in.

I also would like to know for how long are they entitled to pursue me for excessive and deciving fees which they can not prove.

If i record a phone call (with their knowledge) can it be used as proof ?

Kind regards

Edited by ironsavior

Its getting worse people.

Heres what should happen.

Department for Constitutional Affairs - Enforcement - National Standards for Enforcement Agents

Heres how to make a complaint.

Department for Constitutional Affairs Website

And complain about the council as well.

Local Government Ombudsman - How to complain

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

I read your answer with relief thank you very much.

My wife is scared as she thinks they can break in.

( they wrote in the letter)

we are receiving a letter every day from a Mr Richards and a Mr Gaynor .

with all sort of threats ...

But they never wrote how much are they charging for fees only by the phone

the council confirms that those letters are legal and that they have power to break in.

I also would like to know for how long are they entitled to pursue me for excessive and deciving fees which they can not prove.

If i record a phone call (with their knowledge) can it be used as proof ?

Kind regards

PROVIDING you have never let them in or signed a Walking Possesion Order, and it seems that you have not, and providing you keep your doors and windows closed, they have no right to break in. I think you should find out from the council exactly how much, if anythhing, you still owe and then see how much the bailiffs have added on. If you find they have charged you more that £24.50 for one visit and £18 for a second, then they are trying to cheat you. Write them a letter along the following lines:

Dear...

Account No...

I have reason to believe that you are trying to defraud me in connection with your charges pertaining to the collection of council-tax arrears.

I have never let you into my home and I have never signed a Walking Possession Order, nor will I ever do so. The law says, and you are surely aware of this, that you can only charge £24.50 for a first visit and £18 for a second. You cannot charge anything else in the absence of a valid levy no matter how many times you might have attended my home. No such levy exists and I will never, under any circumstances, allow a levy to be made.

You are hereby instructed to submit to me a full breakdown of your charges. If I receive no such information within seven days from this date, I will submit a Form 4 complaint against you and report you to the police for attempted fraud.

You are hereby ordered not to contact or attempt to contact me in the meantime. Should any of your bailiffs be foolish enough to attempt to harass me or my family, I will not hestitate to call the police with a view to having the offender arrested and charged.

I will not tolerate companies such as your attempting to cheat me and i assure you that you will not get away with any attempt to extort from me any so-called charges that are contrary to law.

Yours etc.

Keep us informed of any developments and good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Again received two letters from rundle a notice to removal of goods.

Spoke to their office i was told that they do not have a complaints department.

when I aske them why they did not supply the lis breakege of costs they said that they have their internal procedures .

spoke with a mr scoops? at I.B.C who told me that I do not have any debts to the council.

I asked to have that by writing.

he said that he would not do it, and that they will not withdraw the bill from the baillifs has the council have a contract with them .

Asked rundles for the court were Mr Richards got his certificate.. I was told that as to be requested by writing.

it seems i can not not move away from this people.

Any ideias?

Kind regards

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Again

(...) as no response was gained during either these attendances standard paperwork would been left. These visits resulted in charges being made to your account. A full break down on the charges are as follow

Debt visit fee ------ £132.06

1 visit fee ------ £24.50

2 visit fee ------ £18.0

Total ---- £ 174.56

these fees are justified,legal and in line with both current legislation as set down by the Ministry of Justice and the code practice agreed between Rundle & co and its Client Ipswich Bourough Council.

These charges have been calculated in accordance with the authority of the council tax (administration & enforcement) (England) Regulations 2003 (...)

what is a debt visit fee?

can someone Help me?

Edited by ironsavior

Write and ask the bailiff what a Debt Visit Fee is.

Name of bailiffs

Address 1

Address 2

Address 3

Address 4

[DATE]

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: [YOUR NAME + REF]: Your Fees and opportunity to mitigate fee error

I write following visits by your bailiff and ask for the following within fourteen (14) days:

a) The name of the court and certificate number of the bailiff in charge

b) Written confirmation of your fees and charges

c) Truthfully confirm in writing they are lawful including your fee you describe as a "DEBT VISIT FEE"

d) The name and address of the person or body you act for

If you cannot complete any of the above, please unconditionally pay me a refund of all unlawful fees and unconditionally pay me compensation of £1500 for failure to comply with the law and I will consider this aspect of the matter closed.

If I later find an irregularity with your fees within the statutory time limit of 6 years prescribed under Section 2 of the Limitation Act 1980, I will enter no further correspondence with you and automatically file a Form 4 at court for committing offences under the Fraud Act 2006. This may also involve a criminal investigation by police and your bailiff firm's director(s) may receive a criminal record for fraud, assisting an offender and benefiting from proceeds of crime.

This document is delivered by Royal Mail and deem it good service upon you by the ordinary course of post under Section 7 of the Interpretation Act 1978. It is your responsibility and in your best interests this letter is handed to the relevant person within your organisation.

Yours Sincerely

YOUR NAME

No joy with the bailiffs then ask the Judge. Phone the bailiff and ask which court issued his certificate and quickly end the call.

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/form4_0606.pdf

Details of Complaint

On [DATE] I was charged by the bailiff the sum of £[AMOUNT] as fees, charges and unknown items including a DEBT VISIT FEE and threatened me with penalties if I failed to pay according to a deadline. Their fees and charges are inconsistent with Regulation 45(2) of the Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regulations 1992. I have tried to seek a reasonable resolve with the defendant who refuses to cooperate. I ask the defendant do pay me the sum of £[AMOUNT] plus statutory interest from [DATE] under Section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 and £1500 compensation for seeking discovery of information and my efforts in bringing this matter to the court's attention plus any costs allowed by the court.

Hello again

I did sent the letter last week but no answer received ...

What shall I do next ?

That's easy,

You take Fairplays letter, and copy it, and write back to them warning that they have ignored the letter, copy enclosed, that you are making a form 4 complaint against Mr Richards.

Email it, and send a hard copy backup, send email copy to the council, and find the director of revenues email and send him/her a copy as well.

Then do what you've threatened, download a form 4 and fill it in and post here what you've put when you're ready.

Edited by chris600uk
missed a bit out,

The debt visit fee is nonsense.

I would suggest writing to them to advise that a bailiff has never been into your home and neither has a levy been made on your goods and for this reason unless this "debt visit" fee is removed within 7 days that you will be considering making an official Form 4 Complaint to the county court.

However you need to ask them which court certificated him!!

People like these always get a thrill when someone catches up with them. Rundell has a bahit of charging. I phoned up on bahlf of someone and rundells pimp turned ariound and claimed he had visited 3 times. Probably the last time he said that. Cert was revoked on a 4 complaint.

So whats cooking today ?