Ripped off by American bondage site!!

miss J
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5696 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I bought a chainmail bra from a bondage site in the USA.

www.kittenstoyroom.com

It arrived a week later but it wasnt suitable so I sent it back for a refund. The site states that items must be returned within 14 days for a refund. Anyway I sent it back by airmail that should of taken 3 - 5 working days but after a week they claimed not to have received it but that they would put a note on my account to say that I would definatly receive a refund. So about 3 weeks later I receive an email to say that they have received it and credited me. But they have only credited me with half the amount I paid for the bra. I paid $109.95 but was only refunded $54.95. I have sent emails querying this but am still awaiting a reply. Im pretty sure this must be illegal to short change ppl who have returned items. Does anyone have any advice? In the UK I would go to Trading Standerds but im not too sure what to do as its an american online company. Thanks

Iv actually just been looking round the site and found out that in the terms and conditions it says that due to hygeine reasons these canot be resold so they will take a 50% deduction from the refund but I wasnt told this when ordering and it doesnt actually state this in the refund area so can this be seen as misleading?

Well, no, if it says so in the T&Cs, it doesn't have to say so anywhere else. They could have told you so when they refunded you, that would probably save them and you some aggro, but they don't actually have to.

It was up to you to read the T&cs before ordering, I'm afraid.

Well, no, if it says so in the T&Cs, it doesn't have to say so anywhere else. They could have told you so when they refunded you, that would probably save them and you some aggro, but they don't actually have to.

It was up to you to read the T&cs before ordering, I'm afraid.

Agreed.

By the way - what an interesting purchase!! :D

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

I wouldn't have thought there was a hygiene issue with chainmail...They could just boil it if they were that worried...;)

:)** Any opinion expressed by me is given with the best intentions - But I could be wrong so bear that in mind**:)

Missed Call Checker - http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Calls.aspx/077/m

Under Visa regulations you would possibly be protected, in the case of Barclays Connect debit card,as an example, for goods not received, faulty goods or promised refunds not received. This would all be covered under the Chargeback Rights.

Debit cards are not the disaster that seems to be suggested with purchases and safeguards, especially on things like the increase of internet sales, of course this would all depend on your bank, building society.

I would still strongly suggest that you continue to make purchases via credit cards or special financial agreements, that have full cover of Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act, as it stands at present.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Thanks for your replys :)

I know its absolutely stupid,I literally tryed it on it didnt fit well so I sent ti back the next day. I paid via barclays debit card, how would I go about getting a charge back on that? That site still hasnt replied to me either, it is literally robbery

No it isnt - they have followed their terms and conditions!

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

You can argue it is as much as you like, but if their return policy does say so in their T&Cs, and you didn't read what you were agreeing to before purchasing and now you got caught out, you can call it robbery, literal or not, but there's not a judge in this land or theirs that would agree... The fact you don't like the answers given to you doesn't make it any less so. :rolleyes: