Roxborough Harrasement

Shadowmaru
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Any Help that could be given would be appreciated.

Today I got a phonecall from someone from "Roxborough" asking to speak to my mother who wasn't in at the time.

After telling this to the person on the phone I told them it would be best to contact her via writing and they said that they had done so. Which I know isn't true. After telling them this I asked them to remove my private number from their system they quite rudely said no. Can I make a complaint against them for this as my number has nothing to do with my mother and I also do not like to be accused of being a liar when I told them I wasn't my mother when they said "I believe you are" and that the phone must have been registered in her name for them to get the number when it hasn't.

Can I get them to take my number off their system to stop the harrasement I get from them?

I am getting tempted to ring up my phone company and getting the phone number changed but that it going to be a last resort as the number I have now is pretty easy to remember and it would be a royal pain to do so.

Firstly if they call again and you can do...RECORD the call....

Secondly send them this letter by recorded delivery...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/37006-harassment-telephone-response-letter.html

Once this letter has been sent, keep a record of ALL the times and dates they call....

Oh I will.. Time to break out the old MP3 player that has a built in mic.. just for them I think.

Thank you for that letter! I'll be printing that off after changing a few things later. And as soon as I find the address for them.

Will they take it seriously since I don't have an account number to put on the letter?

They shouldn't ignore it. Otherwise this may happen....bear in mind that harrassment is a criminal offence, and harrassment affects different people in different ways !!! Just remember if they call after receipt of your letter, record ALL the calls they make..

Cancer patient sues the Halifax for harassment after 762 calls about loan - Times Online

Halifax harassment case settled out of court | Money | guardian.co.uk

• Haha 1

Hopefully they should stop ringing me once I send this letter as I don't have any outstanding debts or anything to do with them. But I'm not going to hold my breathe to tell the truth. If I hadn't know about this place I would have already been stressed out with the calls from them.

Thanks for all the help!

• 2 weeks later...

Update: As I figured, they called again and they didn't even have the deceny to tell me who they were.

Me: Hello? (Half Asleep since they woke me up)

Rox: Is Mrs BlahBlah there?

Me: Who's Speaking Please?

Rox: *hang up*

That was a nice wake up call -_-

Another update since I emailed them the phonecall harrasement letter today as well as posting it. I emailed the letter at 10.53, got a reply back from them at 12.20.

What I receieved was this:

Dear Miss Shadowmaru,

Thank you for your email.

I have tried to locate your account with the details you have provided but unfortunately I was unsuccessful.

Without being able to find this account I am unable to look into it & deal with your complaint.

Could you please provide me with a name of the person or persons who have called you & also if you have received any written correspondence?

Kind Regards

D****** Scott

Roxburghe UK limited

I also mentioned on the email that I sent them that I do not have an account with them in bright red letters.. I think they're colourblind ...and stupid... I got EXACTLY the same reply back when I sent a reply to that email..I'm guessing it's an automated reply...

Edited by Shadowmaru
I still can't spell... and fixing broken tags

• 1 year later...

Ireceived a phone call yesterday from 'Roxborough' asking for me by name which was recorded on my answering machine (since deleted - oops)

Today, again when I was out, I received another phone call, this time asking for someone totally different who I know for a fact has never lived at this address or had this phone number.

Any suggestions?

edigwc

Shadowmaru - Have you had any correspondence at all from Roxburghe or HFO? Or a postcard from First Direct Logistics saying you have a package?

edigwc - Fishing. Best start your own thread!

On a general note, I notice Mr Turnbull of HFO's solicitor Turnbull Rutherford is doing a lot of his own legwork these days. Also that HFO seem to be using Roxburghe to chase debts more and more. What, has the indian office closed? Or are things getting tight at TR mansions?

Er, no, edigwc, I mean Roxburghe are on a fishing trip with you. And it would be better to start your own thread on the subject rather than confuse Shadowmaru's.

HFO are a sister company of Roxburghe - it would do you good to research them and find out how they operate.

In the meantime, I'll p*ss off as you think I'm being patronising.

Shadowmaru - Have you had any correspondence at all from Roxburghe or HFO? Or a postcard from First Direct Logistics saying you have a package?

edigwc - Fishing. Best start your own thread!

On a general note, I notice Mr Turnbull of HFO's solicitor Turnbull Rutherford is doing a lot of his own legwork these days. Also that HFO seem to be using Roxburghe to chase debts more and more. What, has the indian office closed? Or are things getting tight at TR mansions?

I haven't heard anything from them since I emailed them about the harrasement. Repeatedly since the phonecalls didn't help. And apparently the letter I posted never arrived. I had to get real ratty with them to get it through their thick skulls that I didn't have an account with them.

I think, then, you need to start complaining to your local trading standards and the OFT. I'm sure 42man will advise, but I think the 'prove it' letter may be appropriate as you have no idea what any of this is about.

I'll look for a copy, but I'm sure it's in the templates.

It wasn't Shadowmaru who said I was patronising - it was an interloper :D

Actually, I was quite rude - apologies. Of course I'd help, but he/she needs to start another thread.

Must get back on that anger management course...

I think, then, you need to start complaining to your local trading standards and the OFT. I'm sure 42man will advise, but I think the 'prove it' letter may be appropriate as you have no idea what any of this is about.

I'll look for a copy, but I'm sure it's in the templates.

If they start up their harrasement I will. They've backed off since I got ratty over the emails and they said they'd taken my number off the system.

It wasn't Shadowmaru who said I was patronising - it was an interloper :D

Actually, I was quite rude - apologies. Of course I'd help, but he/she needs to start another thread.

Must get back on that anger management course...

must admit I lose it sometimes with new poster, you offer em advice and they bite your head off, I sometimes wonder what they want when they come on here, still they are few and far between, and I suppose they are in a tizzy with the hassle from the pondlife

Shadowmaru, do you think this could in any way be linked to the problems you had with Lowell/3g? That looked like a case of the DCA 'going fishing' and contacting someone with a similar name. Alternatively, is there any chance you could be a victim of identity theft? DCAs very often contact a batch of people with a similar name to an alleged debtor - it's a nasty practice that frightens a lot of decent and vulnerable people.

Not sure, I've not heard from them in a while. (I say that and I'll get a letter from them tomorrow...)

Not sure on the identity theft. Nothing has pointed to it. Not that I have a clue as to how to identify it.

Though what had my alarms ringing on the Red/3g thing was I'd never had anything to do with 3g at the new address where I lived since I had to move house a couple of years back.

If I loose a bank card it's cancelled asap and any letters I get go through the shredder after I know I don't want it any more.