Section 21 notice - advice needed please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4834 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all,

I was made redundant from my job in July. I was also quite seriously injured four days after being made redundant. As such, it has prevented me from returing to work swiftly. I have been served a s21 notice to vacate at the end of September. It has been correctly served.

My question is: if I do not move out on the stipulated date what is the likely course of action (e.g. court action, eviction & financial costs to me) that will follow and over what timeframe? If I was to stay beyond my tenancy I would of course continue to pay rent as normal for any additional time that I am living in the property - I am only considering staying because I have nowhere else to go and was hoping to try and buy more time until I could recieve an offer of social housing. As I am not working I cannot simply move into another private rented property. Does anyone have any experience on this and could anyone offer any advice?

Following the expiry of the notice, the landlord does the following:

- Goes to court to obtain a possession order

- If you do not vacate after this, landlord then gets court baliffs to physically evict.

You are liable for ALL financial costs of eviction following the expiry of the notice. This will include, but not be limited to, court costs and baliff costs. You will probably be looking at a few hundred quid.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!