Aic - Help!

Confused25
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5689 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am new to this site (first time ever today!) and I am so glad that my brother found it. I received a call from AIC today, I have previously had phone calls, text massages to my mobile and HOME number and various voicemails but managed to dodge then because they never said what the calls were about. However they used a different number today!

Basically I took a loan with the Alliance & Leicester of about £14000 and fell into trouble with my payments about 2-3 years ago. I have since missed about 2-3 payments and a county court judgement was taken out and an agreed amount of £50 per month was being paid until I missed last months payment.

Now the phone call today told me that if I didn't pay the amount that they are offering me, about 50% of the outstanding balance, they would take me to court, where I would then be paying an additional 8% interest as well as the court costs, and that because I worked for a financial company that this could effectively cost me my job!!!!

I paniced and asked my family if there was anyway they could help me out and luckily me brother asked me to find out 2 things: One if I could get a copy of the agreement between A&L and themselves so that if the debt was cleared by only paying £7500,

Two to get the offer in writing.

Where do I go from here? I am really tempted with the offer, and I could borrow it at a push, but it would actually make my life much harder money wise as I have a couple of other debts to pay off. COuld me not paying this in the timescale they have asked have any reflection on my job??

Starting to panic a bit and have spent most of the afternoon in tears. I am more than happy to keep paying my debts off but I can't face the phonecalls and text messages to my landline - my mum is elderly and in poor health - doesn't need her daughters stupidity in her face!

Any help or advice would be really grateful!!

Thanks

If they are harrassing you then send them this by recorded delivery...

Your Street

Town

City

Postcode

DATE HERE

Company Name

Road

Town

City / County

Postcode

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to, FOS, OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded.

Yours faithfully,

[NAME HERE]

Were there any excessive charges/PPI that had been added to the account that you could have reclaimed ?

Have you requested a copy of your Consumer Credit Agreement just for good measure ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Thanks for your helop - life has got busy again!

As far as I am aware as it was a loan, there are no excessive charges etc that can be taken into consideration.

Seeing as AIC have just called me on my WORK number despite me never giving it to them!, I will be sending the letter above and the request for the CCA.

Next question, I still want to continue paying what I owe in the installments that have been set up but I have missed two months now - as this was a CCJ, any ideas on who to contact/ what to do regarding still paying the debt off?

I hate being like this - I have just got into contact with the CCCS whom is going to hopefully help me get this sorted!