Vodaphone, DCA and friend

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5700 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Hope someone can help with this problem, it's for a new friend, it's a long story so I'll try to make it as brief as possible.

Her mum & dad split up as he was abusive physically to all of them (kids & wife)

Dad found her sim card and ran up a bill, to which my friend had no knowledge (all statements went to his address, her old address). He didn't pay, it's gone to a DCA. They threatened her with court (first thing she knew of it) so now she's paying £100 month (which I've told her to cancel and wait for them to get intouch, hope I've done the right thing?). Original debt was £80 now it's £480, doesn't know what the rest is for,she thinks it's interest,I think it's DCA charges & interest, she's paid so far £200, so original debt has been paid and some. Oh and she didn't have anything in writing from DCA or Vodaphone (who it was originally with) and Vodaphone said as the account had been passed for collection ,they wouldn't discuss it with her or tell her where it had been passed to???, only a phone call she had from the DCA asking her to pay £100 a month revealed a number, I have found the phone number to be Capquest's What do you think the best way forward is? Does she send a CCA to Capquest, any help much appreciated.

nick

Hi, nick.

Mobile phone contracts are not coverded by the CCA, have a look at this.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed/70464-mobile-phone-companies-consumer.html

Should help you decide how to proceed.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

STOP PAYING NOW.

If I rang you and asked for £100 a month would you give it to me?

I take it this was a contract phone in 'her' name? So why won't Vodaphone talk to her.

I would send the SAR to Capquest to get a full breakdown of the debt. If she has paid £120 more than what the original debt was, I would request payment of said money, if they don't pay it, Issue the N1 claim form.

JOgs

Would suggest that your friend writes to the Customer Relations Department, explaining the circumstances at the time i.e. abusive father etc as they will take this into consideration. A SAR (Subject Access Request) can cost £10 when sometimes just a nice polite letter explaining the circumstances will do. She should contact Capquest to advise that the amount is in dispute so that they can put a hold on any further actions whilst she deals with Vodafone. She will probably have a default registered on her credit file, but again if the circumstances at the time are explained then they may be willing to do something about this as well. Is prior to this she had really good payment history with Vodafone then she should state this in her letter.

Tell your friend to contact [email protected] with all those details and ask them for a bill re-print sent to her correct address (this usually costs £1.50 but they should waive that due to the circumstances) and await their reply

is the account now cancelled?

if she was to phone up c/s then she would be well within her right to ask for an account balance and there is no excuse for them not to tell her

just for the record, Vodafone wont add charges onto an account if its in arrears, but once it goes to a DCA they will (usually) add the termination fee and cancel the account

I can help you further but this should help her out for a start