Non delivery of goods - remedies

ted22
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5683 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I ordered a TV on the internet.

I was given a date for delivery and the company failed to deliver. When I rang they had no reason for non delivery and when I asked for a new delivery date they said they didn't know.

I cancelled the goods verbally then and by email and by registered post.

Having looked this company up I have found out that they have done this thing before and especially apparently, not refunding money paid.

I have now sourced the tv from amazon but a cheaper model because amazons price ( and others) was more expensive than the original order price.

Can someone advise me

1)How long I will have to wait for non payment of refund before I can reasonably start a small claims court action to recover same.

2)Is it possible to also claim damages for the difference in price I had to pay for the amazon order and the original order ?

PS: As of now they have failed to confirm the cancellation

PPS: Just found out about visa chargebacks, would this be a better/quicker solution?

Thanx

user_offline.gifdigg.gifdelicious.giftechnorati.giffurl.gif

quote.gif

Hi

I2)Is it possible to also claim damages for the difference in price I had to pay for the amazon order and the original order ?

Thanx

user_offline.gifdigg.gifdelicious.giftechnorati.giffurl.gif

quote.gif

What damages are you talking about?

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

What damages are you talking about?

The original contract was say to supply said goods at £350

The contract was broken by the seller. The only viable option for the buyer to re-supply these goods was somewhere else but purchasing the same or similar spec goods cost £50 more.

Therefore the claim would be for £50

If it got to court, then I am sure they would refuse this claim for damages, although there is no reason why you couldn't fire off a strongly worded email followed up by a letter. You don't know if you don't try.

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

If it got to court, then I am sure they would refuse this claim for damages, although there is no reason why you couldn't fire off a strongly worded email followed up by a letter. You don't know if you don't try.

Hi

this company don't even acknowledge emails let alone act on them

This gives an idea of what I'm up against

Electrosaver - Blagger.com - The place to leave feedback and comments about companies you have used

• 3 weeks later...

We got our money back yesterday through the Visa Chargeback System .

Though purchasing with a Debit Card lacks the legal backup of purchasing with a Credit Card the Visa Chargeback System for debit card purchases is still useful for non-delivery problems.

We are very happy bunnies here:-D

PLEASE AVOID ELECTROSAVER of Bradford.

A very nasty little outfit

Edit: ted22 and Ted 99 are both the same poster, difficulties signing on as ted22

Edit 2: After beating Comet in the county yesterday and getting our refund yesterday turned out a very good day for us.

Consumers can bite back :)