Credit Expert Report - CCJ & a default (the wifes)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5700 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

The wife has these on her account apparently (see picture), these were before we met each other. Recently we went for a mortgage and something came up that might of stopped it on her side, but as she does not work. It had no effect.

How to we remove these, settle these. How is the best way to approach this & make things right.

Picture 1

Were unsure what this is for. The wife had an orange phone contract, which was in debt for about £500. She informs me that she was not 18 when she had this (i dont know why) and the debt was wiped off. She said it was on her credit report from last year, but this year its not showed up. She is 24 now.

I assume ill have to pay the registry trust £8 for information on this, right.?

default2.jpg

Picture 2

We believe this one to be littlewoods from letters we received last year from Capquest / Scotcall.

The wife does not remember signing anything, as these companies send you the goods on good faith. Again, not right to owe cash out. In the past we contacted littlewoods to settle, but they could not find the account.

default.jpg

Regards,

Alias

I'm not 100% sure on the CCJ, but I imagine you will need to get details in order to settle the account, as that would be the only way to improve your wifes credit report. It won't remove the CCJ, just mean that it's marked as settled.

Regarding the possible Littlewoods account, this will be almost possible to remove. You could try writing to Capquest as they are clearly still updating the information (and are obviously clairvoyant from the dates!) with a 'prove it' letter, but I wouldn't hold out much hope. As it's a relatively small amount the easiest option would be to just pay it if you can and if you're prepared to possibly pay something thats not owed and/or unenforceable. Again, the account would then just be marked as settled and not removed from her record.

The final option is to just wait for them to 'drop off' in three years.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I would suggest a softly softly approach on the Littlewoods Default. By this I mean write them a very nice letter and ask them to kindly remove upon settlement.

This worked for me on a coulpe of defaults which were around about the same size and dates as yours but for different companies!

BobbYh