NCO Paypal Debt - P Brown waits for me!!!

GaryHatesPaypal
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5669 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

I’m new to this forum but have a bit of trouble at the moment, with everyone’s favourite debt collectors – NCO – working on behalf of Paypal.

The original debt is a big one, just shy of 4k. I sell guitars on eBay and what I use to do was set the listings up and then get my contact to ship every Friday. Did this routine for about a year.

One week I sold 15 guitars @ £250 each, so I sent the details to my supplier – paid them and awaited the tracking numbers the next day. They never came, the same the next day, and the next.

I emailed my contact to find that the email no longer existed so I’m stuck with no cash and 15 buyers without guitars.

I’d like to point out right now that at this point I told the buyers the situation, and I informed them to do a paypal claim so that they would get every penny of the cash back, they did and thanked me for my honesty. But it was Paypal that forked out the cash which left a big hole in my account. I arranged to pay it off £300 a month (not via a contract with Paypal, just me trying to sort it out myself)

However, eBay kicked me off and stopped me selling because of my paypal account issues (lets face it, 15 complaints is bad!)

So now I have a letter from NCO regarding the debt, I rang them the other day explaining that I don’t have that kind of money and will pay it monthly but as I’m now unemployed and on benefits its going to be a small amount, I ever gave them my bank details and proof of what I earn. I didn’t have to do that but I felt it was the right thing to do.

So now I have this card saying a P Brown will be calling on Tuesday between 9 – 9, I know this is a scare tactic as I google’d it, but I’m worried because my debt is so big if there is such a P Brown or any kind of bloodsucking door knocker and he sees my debt and wants a cut of it – he’ll come knocking.

Should I write to them explaining what I have? I also know that this company have never taken anyone to court, which makes me think that they might be knocking soon and taking my stuff.

Can I ask for some help please?

Sorry about the long story.

Gary

P Brown does NOT exist. You wont get a visit from anyone- dont worry.:)

The send those idiot pBrown cards to everyone from Margate to Belfast, telling them that he'll visit the same day. He must be a busy boy!

I be back later. I've had some fun with NCO/Paypal in the past and sent them packing.

No one will come and take your stuff without a CCJ.

As it stands. (and Im not being judgemental here)

1) You sold and took payment for stuff you didnt have, leaving yourself open to an accusation of fraud.

2) You were ripped off by your supplier

You obviously owe Paypal, as they have reimbursed your customers.

Do you have the name and address of your supplier?

Edited by noomill060

I would report your supplier to the police and get a crime number.

How did you pay your supplier? Paypal? Credit card?

Quite honestly, I'd be looking for the supplier in your position.

Edited by noomill060

Western Union im afraid.

I want to clear the debt, i dont like owing people money - let alone billion pound business's.

Just an email, i was trading with them for 2 years then all of a sudden - silence.

Im just glad the buyers all got refunded, many of them have become close friends since

Guest forgottenone

Hello. Same trouble with Paypal myself. Now with the evil Intrum Justititia ... in my case it was dishonest buyer ... whom, I note hasn't bid or had any feedback since ... dodgy looking if nothing else ... but you get this on that auction site. As you will know/appreciate I imagine. Anyway ... Paypal found in their favour, they never investigated the complaint properly ... so refunded the money regardless of what I said, wasted a whole morning to someone in Ireland ... told me things were in my favour, because my auction listing was worded properly, was not misleading ... as they always are, always have been, because I run a every efficient, very customer orientated service *very personalied servive eg not automated like most things are these days, and I always provide a basic courtesy level of service eg communicating with buyers* ... then bang, I get a dishonest foreign buyer on my account ... they pressed that always reliable 'chargeback' icon on PAYPAL, thus allowing any investigations, any proof to be overridden ...

So, same boat as you right now. Wondering what to do.

So, both upset and disheartened as a result ... upset because someone was being dishonest ... I know they were, but unfortunately *as I started doing it earlier this year because of changes to the auction site's feedback system* I didn't take a photo of the item in question before shipping to proof what I was saying ... stupidly, but had to ship in a short space of time ... as I knew what was in the box having checked it several times over before packing it, shipping. Buyer never replied/responded to any of these issues via the auciton site ... seemed they didn't want to ... likely because then there'd be evidence of it on the site using their message system ... ignored everything I sent enquiring about the package, had it been damaged, was there signs of tampering ... customs often open bulky packages, rummage through and very often don't repack properly or small pieces fall out ... happened to me a while ago, stuff was removed from the envelopes to overseas countries, never replaced ... packaging obviously ripped apart when received.

Anyway, sorry for the long post but was merely sharing my own situation as it's almost the same. And it often helps knowing others also face the same problem.

gary- if you need some help deciding how to compose such a letter, go here for some useful template letters-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

and here for some advise on harassment-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/131250-dca-creditor-harassment-telephone.html

Have a good read around this site, go into threads which are similar to yours.

Dont forget, its just money that you owe. You dont owe them your sanity by worrying yourself silly about it.

I wonder if your Mr Brown is related to my Mr White !

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/158756-debt-managers-ltd-advice.html

Could job we are not all color blind or it could get very confusing.

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

The advice with DCAs is to keep all communications with them in writing.

Do not speak to them on the phone, simply refuse to confirm your name and postcode or address when they ring. Just say "In writing only" when they ring and put the phone down.

To reiterate- NEVER, EVER SPEAK TO THEM. EVER.

When you write to them, keep a copy of each letter. Send each letter by recorded delivery and keep the PO receipt as proof, print out each letter copy and staple the receipt to it. Keep safely in a folder.

Try to discover where your fraudulent suppliers are. Consider reporting their [problem] to the Police.

You are a victim here.

Good luck.

• 1 month later...

Hi

Im being chased by NCO (and also s c leatham locke even though its the same company)

I owe paypal alot of money which i will admit that i owe.

Bt im getting letters that are a bit scarey and i was wondering if a door knocker is aloud to come to my house if there has been no attempt at court?

The reason i ask is because i would be happy for it to go to court as i am on a very low income but this company dont take notice of that and send me these letters.

Thanks for your help in advance

No, a doorknocker is not allowed to come to the house if you have not expressed your permission for that.

A letter for this circumstance would go like this. Send it recorded delivery.

Dear sir,

Account no:

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself.

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Please treat this also as a formal complaint, and send me a copy of your company complaints procedure.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded.

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed.

Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin: