CCJ on credit report that is for someone else?

SpiceBoy!
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5688 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Posted on behalf of my fianceé

Good morning :D

Over the past few years my Fianceé (Samantha) has been trying to get a CCJ removed from her credit report as its not hers....

The CCJ is from a defaulted Tesco personal loan which was her mothers (CCJ was issued in April 2006).

They defaulted on the loan and it went to Telford county court and a CCJ was issued, but was put on Samanthas credit file with Samanthas name but her mothers D.O.B and other details...

Experian said theres nothing they can do even though they have agreed in person that samantha isnt in her late 40s! (she is 22 lol)...

Telford county court wouldnt speak to her and were infact very rude to her...

Tesco have been less than helpful as they wont speak to samatha as the D.O.B and address etc aren't hers, but also wont speak to her mother as its not in her mothers name....

Samantha has the CCJ documents with her mother and farther named as claiments, mothers bank statement showing the money was payed into her bank account and not samanthas....

Why is it so hard to get this obvious mistake sorted?!!?

She has been restricted from getting all kinds of credit (mobile phone contract etc) and we are about to go in for a mortgage which we feel will be a nightmare for us (I also have a CCJ from 5 years ago but that one is genuine lol)

What can she do? HELP!!

This is a toughie, especially as you need it sorted now rather than later. At the very least Experian should have put a dispute notice on her file.

I would write, by at least recorded delivery, to Tesco with copies of the CCJ papers in her parents names and a copy of the entry on her credit file giving them 14 days to remove the inaccurate data or you will take them to court. Make sure they remove it from all CRAs, not just Experian.

Does your fiancee have a copy of the actual judgement, and if so, who's name is that in?

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Hi and thanks for replying...

Yes she has the actual CCJ docs from the court and there are 2 sets, 1 in her mothers name and 1 in her dads name...

The details on her credit file are her mothers details but Samanthas name

Its a total mystery where they even got her name from in the first place as she had no involvement at all in any part of the loan or judgment

Quick update on this....

Spoke to Telford county court and they gave us the number for their credit management services....

Spoke to a really nice guy there and he told us that if we can send up a copy of her credit file and the CCJs with a covering letter then they will gladly remove it for her...

At least some things are easy to deal with :D

• 3 weeks later...

I have drafted a letter to be sent with the credit report, please feel free to help as Im really aweful at these letters!

NAME AND ADDRESS ETC....

Credit Management Services

Kendel Court

Iron Masters Way

Telford

TF3 4DT

YOUR REF: CMF/GREEN5/44740190/KC

Dear sir/madam,

This letter is in response to a phone call made earlier this month with regards to my credit report and Telford County Court CCJ claim number 6TF03016 dated 10thApril 2006.

The claim had MR PETER BINKS and MRS JACQUELINE BINKS as the named defendants.

The following CCJ from this claim was wrongly put onto my credit file (enclosed) and since this has occurred I have had severe difficulty with trying to get this situation resolved not to mention the detrimental effects this has had to my person with credit agencies.

As you can see, my credit report clearly shows MRS JACQUELINE BINKS’ information with my name associated with it.

From the actual information provided by my credit report, all the details relating to MRS SAMANTHA BINKS (including the details which link me financially to MR PETER BINKS) is false and needs to be corrected. This is especially true of the CCJ.

I have highlighted all the false information for ease of reference

I have suffered with a poor credit rating for over 2 years which is currently preventing me from getting a mortgage along with an inability to acquire such simple things like a mobile phone contract and alike.

I would appreciate a response (by post or telephone) upon receipt of this letter along with the credit report I have included so I am kept aware of what can be done.

Many thanks