Sazafraz v Barclays

sazafraz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would just send the bundle as it is. The chances that anyone will actually need to refer to the legal arguments are remote to say the least, as Barclays will almost certainly settle prior to the hearing date

Preliminary Letter sent to Woolwich 05/06

LBA sent 19/06

Court claim filed 04/07 : Total £824.75

Acknowledgement of Service 27/07

Defence received 08/08

AQ filed 11/08

Barclays AQ filed 05/09

Hearing date 20/12

SETTLED IN FULL £840.49: 14/12/06

• 2 weeks later...

I sent my bundles on 3rd jan 07:

1 recorded delivery to barclays, and 1 to the court that I handed in personally.

Since then I've heard nothing, my court date is 7th feb 07. Should I contact Barclays and see if they're willing to settle, or leave things as they are?

Thoughts would be appreciated as always!

Hi everyone,

I REALLY need some advice immediatiately. A lady from Barclays has just been on the phone asking me why I have put down 2 lots of interest. One is '8% interest on penalties' and the other is 'interest on penalties'.

I couldn't answer as I had just come in, so I explained and said I would ring her back this afternoon after I had looked at my documents.

Could someone please remind me what the interest bits are e.g.

1. 8% on penalties

interest on penalties

8% interest on penalties.

Hi Sazafraz.

Did you claim the interest that had accrued when the bank charges were applied and then when you filled in your Mcol add the 8%.

Sounds to me like you have claimed bank charges + the charges interest and the 8% interest you can claim when you goto Mcol.

When you have a bank charge applied the banks add an interest charge on normally around 27% along with the charge.

I reckon thats what you have done.

Argyle.

Story So Far:

Pre letter sent 14th August.

Barclays Reply 18th August.

Barclays Reply 5th Sept.

Lba sent 30th August.

Rejection letter sent 9th Sept.

Barclays reply 13th Sept.

Mcol submitted 15/09/2006.

AQ received 21/10/2006.

AQ returned 23 /10/2006.

Court Date:25/01/07 10.30am

Phoned Barclays 08/01/07 Said they would contact me shortly.

15/01/07 Received letter offering a full settlement however figure was short.

22/01/07 Received telephone call from Barclays asking for a settlement figure.

CLAIM SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!!!

Thankyou for your help Argyle but I'm sorry to say that I am still confused.The lady wants to know why I have claimed for 2 lots of interest. The interests in question are listed on my schedule of claim for charges sheet as:

1. 8% on penalties, and

2. Interest on penalties.

Am I right in thinking that the '8% on penalties' is the interest I am entitled to claim under sec. 69 of the county courts act 1984, and that the 'interest on penalties' is the overdraft interest that barclays have charged me on the penalties they took?

The lady is talking about starting settlement, so I need to get this bit right.

I know I must sound thick, but please help ,

Thankyou.

Am I right in thinking that the '8% on penalties' is the interest I am entitled to claim under sec. 69 of the county courts act 1984, and that the 'interest on penalties' is the overdraft interest that barclays have charged me on the penalties they took?

You hit the nail on the head Sazafraz with the statement above.

That is how you should explain it to Barclays.

Good Luck.

Argyle.

Story So Far:

Barclays Reply 5th Sept.

Lba sent 30th August.

AQ received 21/10/2006.

AQ returned 23 /10/2006.

I have settled with Barclays for the sum of £1,957.82. They are sending me a form to sign, and when I return it to them they will issue my cheque. So my next step would be to wait until I have the cheque, and then tell Kendal County Court that I have settled with Barclays, am I right? Please let me know.

I just want to thank everyone for their time and help:

The moderators who got this site running so that we could get justice, and the people who take the time to give advice and help when needed, in particular,

Sarahwarren, blueskies, rooster-uk, bigblue one, Michael Browne, VillaBurd24, Miss Picles, Vampiress, Overdrawn, Victimnomore, Welshman, Argyle, Pauldean, gel1, Spotted dog, essjaysea, and Dar3n.

You are all invaluable and I am grateful to each and every one of you. Good luck with all of your cases,and I will happily make my donation when I have my money.

Sarah.

Well Done Sarah.

Great news i'm glad things have worked out for you.

Finally enjoy your money.

Argyle.

Story So Far:

Barclays Reply 5th Sept.

Lba sent 30th August.

AQ received 21/10/2006.

AQ returned 23 /10/2006.

ok I;ve got the full & final offer letter which they emailed me, and I'm ready to sign - just wondering about the bit which says

"By accepting this offer you also agree that the existance and terms of this offer are confidential between us".

Does that mean that I'm not allowed to tell anyone about it? and if I don't agree to basically keep my mouth shut that they won't pay me?

You don't have to agree to any conditions whatsoever, instead of signing theirs send your own:

Date

Dear Whoever

Ref: Your Offer of Settlement

Account: xxxxxxxx

Sort Code xx-xx-xx

Claim No: XXXXX in XXXX County Court

I acknowledge receipt of your letter date xx/xx/xx and your settlement offer of £XXX

I accept your offer as full and final settlement only for this claim of bank charges made on my account between xx/xx/xx and xx/xx/xx(dates of first and last charge)

I accept this offer without prejudice and I reserve the right to make any further claims should you apply future charges that may be considered unlawful under common law or in violation of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 or Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.

I will be willing to withdraw my claim upon receipt of unconditional full settlement of my claim.

I am also not prepared to agree to any confidentially clauses you try to impose, unless of course your client wishes to make an offer of due consideration in addition to the amount of £xxxxx, in order to be afforded this privilege by myself.

I trust that you will find this arrangement acceptable.

Yours Sincerely

• 4 weeks later...