Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2077 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

could anyone advise if this is an enforceable cca, all printed on one sheet of a4, while mine was two seperate sheets of a4.

Account opened Jan '04

scan0004.jpg

T&Cs

scan0003.jpg

Edited by beachcomber60
To include T&C's scan
  • Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone have a look at this soon, please?

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

You're a bit short on detail here aren't you mate, what is the background to this?, i really think posters posting a new post should at least try to put some meat on the bones.

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Ok, on the face of it the first part i presume has your signature, however there is no mention on that page as to where the Prescribed Terms are to be found, therefore IMO this is unenforcable

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Here's beachcomber60's thread-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/155092-capital-one-default.html

His latest letter from Cap1- where they say that no matter that he has sent them I&E form and numerous harassment letters, they are going to keep ringing him until he hands over payslips, etc and payments- is my favourite.

Hopefully TS will like it to- along with his log of their harassing and abusive phone calls.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Timing is everything!;)

I do think that CCA is unenforceable still.

But I love that letter more, sorry.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

This is the usual from cap1, dont fill in any of their forms, contest what they have sent, but they will continue to argue with you that they are right/ you are wrong, eventually you will get their final word on it, advising you to complain to FOS if you dont agree.

They have no fear of FOS anyaway,next it will be sold to a DCA fredericksons in my case.

As usual dont sign anything, and dont speak on the phone,

Sorry i didnt realise there was already a thread on this.

Guest forgottenone

There is a letter I sent them a while ago regarding this. It didn't do any good ... just being honest saying that, because it didn't ... but for some it might work. I can't find it for you, I am afraid, whilst I would like to because like many here I am also going through the hell of being hounded by them for receiving similar documentation. They are a very hard company to deal with, and I have found they will not reply to any letters you send. Particularly when declaring your financial circumstances, going through the very reasonable processes of instructing them by letter and then expecting some form of reply. I am not unique, as it happens to everyone ... but they also ignore anything sent or compiled by people like CCCS or a third party debt advisor. So, with that in mind, how does one reasonably attempt to contact a company whose communication exists purely in a one way basis eg they can send you intimidating letters like confetti which either make no sense, are so badly worded, grammar etc ... that are so confusing as to defy rationality when trying to decipher them. I am not stupid for example, can read ... I also write on a voluntary basis championing various things, be it invidual people's troubles *I don't like injustice, unfairness* to get things heard, read and seen to highlight many of these things ... but even I have trouble understanding their letters, they are worded that 'crazily'.

Unless it's your CCA request.

Capital One are very good at harassing you on the phone, sending letters ... so, sorry I cannot help you as I can't search for my letter on here now ... or would ... most of it though, I got from CAG itself from a variety of posts from users dealing with Capital One on this same issue. All I will say is that they do not have any rights to ask this information of you ... they know it, but they assume you don't. Well, most people don't ... who would until you needed to know for example? So, like most DCA's/creditors rely on naivety. If you can Google, like I did ... that brought me to CAG in the beginning ... searching for Capital One and what they are asking you for ... you may come across the posts/threads I mean. They were from around a year ago.

But what you have received is pretty much the same as I, hundreds if not have.

Guest forgottenone

Oh, add to that ... it was CCCS who instructed me never to send them anything such as a bank statement, wage slip ... when I first used their services. If you haven't, you might like to give them a call ... as they provided me with something I was able to include in my letter re the 'Data Proteciton Act' and the sending of sensitive data eg bank statements through the mailing system. Capital One doesn't need this information BTW ... and this is what CCCS also told me at the time ... what they look for is any surplus income from your statements ... which they will then argue with you about and attempt to make you pay beyond what you can physically afford. For example, if they think you are spending too much on food - there are as you may know government guidelines on these costs which are used to submit a financial statement under the BBA/MAT code of conduct ... you may also note that Capital One does not have this stamp on their own financial statement booklet ... if you've ever received one ... - they may argue against that. So, whilst whatever they send you looks 'okay' it is not for your own interests, even though they may fool you into thinking it is with their glossy brochures ... part of my degree covered a vast amount of psychologically used in communication and advertising, so such things 'jump out' at me for example ... but I will not bore you with the actual mechanics of such things :D ... but is in Capital One's interest.

I wish you luck with this, because mostly everyone here has had this.

They sent me a letter today- another threat, this time saying it will be sent to an external DCA.

OOOOOOhhh. No. Still not scared.:rolleyes:

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Many thanks for the comments.

It was actually NDL that initally told me NOT to send statements, wage slips, proof of JS allowence and in my case IR tax accounts.

I have offered pro rata payments on both our accounts from my 'disposable' income, however, as my wife has been made redundent and is only receiving JS allowence perhaps I should be as bloody minded as them and tell 'em that my wife is only getting JSA they are gonna get NOWT on her account.

Even though I've disputed the accounts and submitted a formal complaint we are still getting interest and 'charges' added to the accounts, which is why I would really like the experts to take a look at the cca posted above, our other cca from them has the same wording but on two seperate A4 sheets.

If it is your wife's account and that is all she is getting in at the moment- seems reasonable.

And definitely follow NDL advice. I had enough qualms about filling in an I&E form from the Natwest to show hardship- I wouldn't send them anything else- and I don't even owe them money.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Your a star, you seem to be the only one around CAG thats giving me sound advise.

Have been reading so many posts my head hurts, have read the document that they sent me again and again, I'm 50/50 as to whether it is/isn't enforceable. Unsure what I should do next.

Phone calls from them have dropped to two over the weekend, now have 30 odd different numbers logged that they have been calling from.

Guest forgottenone
Your a star, you seem to be the only one around CAG thats giving me sound advise.

I know I shouldn't probably reply to that ... but my aim is to offer support, whilst I may not have the knowledge ... part of getting through all this is to provide moral support. Because it does help people. My own story here is that I was recently hospitalised by harassment from one creditor after suffering a stroke. The results of that ... have lead to further complications, further tests and ... it is likely I will be in poor health for the rest of my life due to that one moment.

Thing is, mostly everyone on CAG is just like you, we don't have consumer knowledge nor legal knowledge ... but we pick it up as we learn from others.

If I was in far better health than I am now I would be giving more help ... sadly, I cannot. But I always try to offer help, support when I can. I don't stray onto anything legal because I have not a clue what I am talking about and giving the wrong advice to people can be very dangerous.

Anyway, like I said, I probably should not be replying to this but felt I needed to point out that side of things. We all help in the way we can, with what knowledge we have to pass on. Or the way we do best.

Edited by jonni2bad

There are no prescribed terms and it starts with a statement that the information you have supplied is true- it is an application form.

No prescribed terms= no CCA. They can call it whatever they want, it is still an application form.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Following my letter of complaint regarding their phone calls, their phone calls have actually INCREASED not decreased. Had 10 today + three from a presume their 'off shore' call centre, I have written to TS & FOS but looking around the forum I cant seem to find anyone who has succeeded to stopping these 'unwanted' calls.

Reached breaking point today, I want to stand and fight, however, my wife wants to give in and send them what they are not entitled to and it is starting to cause arguments between us. Now thinking of just changing our phone number and going exdirectory, although its something we dont really want to do, theses scumbags seem to be above the law & have a lot to answer for.

Does your local police have a harassment unit? It really might be worth talking to them as this is beyond a joke.

Plus when one rings, say you will go and get them eg

Cap1- is Mr Beachcomber there?

YOu- Can I ask who's calling?

Cap1- Capital One/Personal business matter?

You- I'll just go and get him...

Put phone down, wander off and watch TV/ boil the kettle/ sing a happy song.

Just leave them hanging on the phone. It will put them off if you keep doing it. For about three months I answered the phone, just not as myself, so I was never in!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08