Hi and Please help me!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4629 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i would like to say hello as I am new on here although unfortunately I am not posting for good reasons. I am looking for some advice as I am completely at the end of my tether with Thomas Cook. Here goes.........

Beginning of the year my husband and I received £5000 World wide travel vouchers for Thomas cook. Feb we booked an AI holiday to Eygpt for 01st Aug 2008 for ourselves and 2 children. I paid a deposit of £75 over the phone and took the details of the address to send the vouchers to. April 21st I sent £2250 vouchers and £19 cheque by special delivery. The cheque came out of my account on the 5th May. The following week i received a letter to say my balance was overdue so phoned TC to see if they had received my vouchers and cheque- they said they hadn't so I gave them the cheue number and special delivery number and was told i would be phoned back. No body rang so i phoned a week later and still they had nothing but said there was a back log of vouchers so told me not to worry as they probably werent showing on my account. I rang every week from then on as I didnt receive any phone calls or letters from TC. I was told they found the vouchers but lost the cheque, then i was told that the cheque was there but the vouchers werent. I rang again 5 weeks before our departure date to be told that our holiday had been cancelled due to none payment and that some one would phone me back to offer an alternative. Again i had to ring them, I was offered my vouchers back or an alternative holiday as they couldnt reinstate ours but i refused the vouchers alone back as this wasnt my fault and the holiday wasnt acceptable as was different dates that were not suitable for my husbands factory shutdown. I was told that a cash alternative maybe offered under the circumstances of the cancellation. I rang TC again the following week as I had not heard anything about the cash alternative and i was told that they had found our vouchers and so they had all of our payment in full but they were not prepared to give me anything other than my vouchers back so I questionned what had happened to our £19 cheque and our £75 deposit but again i heard nothing. I wrote a letter of complaint as i felt it wasn't my fault that our dream holiday had been cancelled and received a confirmation email explaining that a full investigation would take place and under ABTA regulations they had to contact us within 28 days of receiving our correspondance however 39 days later i heard nothing and wrote another letter but still had no reply so i rang them to be told somebody was dealing with the issue. Finally today I have received a letter from TC however it states that they are sorry i have been experiencing problems with payment but they cannot resolve the issue as they have no trace of ever accepting our payment. So now I've been left with no holiday, no money or vouchers and a huge phone bill.

Im sorry its so long but I really am at the end of my tether and do not know what to do or where to turn to.

Please help me

Hi i would like to say hello as I am new on here although unfortunately I am not posting for good reasons. I am looking for some advice as I am completely at the end of my tether with Thomas Cook. Here goes.........

Beginning of the year my husband and I received £5000 World wide travel vouchers for Thomas cook. Feb we booked an AI holiday to Eygpt for 01st Aug 2008 for ourselves and 2 children. I paid a deposit of £75 over the phone and took the details of the address to send the vouchers to. April 21st I sent £2250 vouchers and £19 cheque by special delivery. The cheque came out of my account on the 5th May. The following week i received a letter to say my balance was overdue so phoned TC to see if they had received my vouchers and cheque- they said they hadn't so I gave them the cheue number and special delivery number and was told i would be phoned back. No body rang so i phoned a week later and still they had nothing but said there was a back log of vouchers so told me not to worry as they probably werent showing on my account. I rang every week from then on as I didnt receive any phone calls or letters from TC. I was told they found the vouchers but lost the cheque, then i was told that the cheque was there but the vouchers werent. I rang again 5 weeks before our departure date to be told that our holiday had been cancelled due to none payment and that some one would phone me back to offer an alternative. Again i had to ring them, I was offered my vouchers back or an alternative holiday as they couldnt reinstate ours but i refused the vouchers alone back as this wasnt my fault and the holiday wasnt acceptable as was different dates that were not suitable for my husbands factory shutdown. I was told that a cash alternative maybe offered under the circumstances of the cancellation. I rang TC again the following week as I had not heard anything about the cash alternative and i was told that they had found our vouchers and so they had all of our payment in full but they were not prepared to give me anything other than my vouchers back so I questionned what had happened to our £19 cheque and our £75 deposit but again i heard nothing. I wrote a letter of complaint as i felt it wasn't my fault that our dream holiday had been cancelled and received a confirmation email explaining that a full investigation would take place and under ABTA regulations they had to contact us within 28 days of receiving our correspondance however 39 days later i heard nothing and wrote another letter but still had no reply so i rang them to be told somebody was dealing with the issue. Finally today I have received a letter from TC however it states that they are sorry i have been experiencing problems with payment but they cannot resolve the issue as they have no trace of ever accepting our payment. So now I've been left with no holiday, no money or vouchers and a huge phone bill.

Im sorry its so long but I really am at the end of my tether and do not know what to do or where to turn to.

Please help me

Hi,

Sorry to hear of your problems with TC

Just a quick thought, in your thread you say that the cheque came out of your account on the 5th May?

Ask your Bank to find out Which Bank Cashed Your Cheque, and into `Who`s Account did the money go into.

I`m sure you`ll find it was TC`s account, so ask your bank to put it into writing for you, and there you have your evidence.

Then contact TC and verbally present them with the evidence and tell them that your prepared to give them a further 7 days in which to resolve the issue to Your satisfaction, and tell them that if they fail to do so, you will be filing a claim in court.

Follow the verbal presentation up in writing, send it by Garaunteed Next Day Delivery (Recorded can take anything upto 7 days to arrive).

Don`t contact them for the 7 days, and if they have not contacted you, then you will need to file a claim through the courts.

If you need to file a claim, come back on here and one of the legally minded helpers will help you through the process.

Above all, remember, you have come to the right place for help and advice.

VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN - IF THEY HELP - PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Halifax - S.A.R - June 06

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- Settled IN FULL :eek:

- 2nd Claim Started - 12 Dec 2006

- SETTLED IN FULL:eek:

- 3rd Claim Started (Phone Call) 1st March 2007

Abbey National - S.A.R - 23/08/06

- Default Removal Letter sent 21st Sept

- LBA sent with Estimated Charges 4/10/06

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- N1 filed 9/11/06 - Deemed Served 16/11/06

- AQ & Draft Directions filed 19/12/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

- SETTLED IN FULL:o INCLUDING £5k COMPENSATION

Capital One - S.A.R. 10/10/06

Alliance & Leicester - Mortgage E/S/C Claim 02/03/07

1) Who did you get the vouchers from? Direct from TC or from another company?

2) Did you photocopy the vouchers?

3) Go into a Thomas Cook shop and ask them how vouchers are handled - what is put on the system and how is it done? - ask them to show you.

4) Record all phone calls to them from now on - try to get that magic phrase "we did have the vouchers" as you said someone already has - did you get their name? Speak to them again but record them.

5) Always always always book in a shop with vouchers if you can. If they don't allow you to, then ask if they can send the vouchers on your behalf and start the booking process and get a shop reference number.

6) You will probably not get compensation above the voucher value so I suggest you rebook with the vouchers again but ask for a discount from head office - make sure you do all of this in a branch and go back again and again and again until you get 100% from them. Get them to make all the calls....

What was your actual financial loss that you could write down in a clearly dated statement form? This is what you would need if you ever thought about legal action.