style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5701 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

last year i had to remortgage my house , as trustee from official reciever was threatening to reposses to clear my debt of around 11k.

i had to pay them 40k. after they renaged on previous figures . this was done around august last year .

then i got a letter around a month ago saying i had paid to much by about 8k , and as i had paid my debts in full i should get a reduction in insolvancy service charges .

today i recieved 2 cheques total less than 7.5 k .

i cannot find info anywhere , and whenever i have phone insolvancy service they just say things like ... we passed it on , nothing to do with us !!!

Hi Blackporsche,new to all of this but have been skipping through all the different forums and have been amazed with all the support people have given towards the fight against banks and the way they have conducted themselves.

TRUSTEES IN BANKRUPTCY are another group which need serious looking at.

Banks and overcharging have nothing on these people.

They are a law unto themselves i too would like to be enlightend as to what rights we have.

YOU HAD TO PAY 40K TO CLEAR A DEBT OF 11K IS THIS CORRECT?

Had similar situation myself regarding a sum of £3500.Cut a long story short ended up paying around £25000.Its has been a few years back but i remember at the time been astounded by what had to be paid. Tried to speak to people but seemed to be banging head against brick wall.Wish i had this years back.

I have been looking into the matter just recently but before phone calls are made i would like some sort of clarification as to what rights we have and to why these people are able to just add more misery to people after the have already suffered enough.

Will keep posting if anything positive comes up.

i called my trustee this morning . just as he was finished signing my 3rd (and final) cheque .

once recieved , i will know if i recieved the full ammount they over-charged , but for now the figures roughly add up .

once i have final settlement papers , and know the true extent of the "damage" i will be seeing if anything they have done throughout the process has been outside the guidelines or illegal in any way .......

i was told by somebody at the insolvancy service that when the new rule was brought in they "dumped" a load of cases onto private companies ... the only reason i can see for this was to screw as much money/houses off people as possible before there time ran out ........

Find it amazing a professional organization who have been appointed to sort out your affairs can't seem to run their own shop.I wonder what they would have said if you had told them at the time you thought you were been ripped off.As for getting back your OVERCHARGED AMOUNT i would hope they are going to pay the interest you have had to pay on that amount since handing it over to these jokers?

oh i told them i thought i was being ripped off !!!

at one point we agreed a price , then they denied it to my solicitor and the price went up !!!

this has been one long , troublesome proceedure just to make sure my house was safe from debts that could have been paid off with my savings !!!!

there is just no honesty at all about what they do .

my house had gone up in value , they wanted a piece of it .

simple as that !!!

i had my house valued and there was equity in it , i sent valuation off to insolvancy service with a request of how much i would have to pay them to buy back my interest in it ...... only then did they hand the file over to the private company !!! bad timing ?? i dont know .

i paid for another valuation during this proceedure at a cost of 120 .00

they tried to charge me about 400 for a valuation !!

when i questioned it , they got there own valuer to do a drive-by valuation .

it ended up costing me 400 anyway !!!

just another example of the vultures !!!

(i paid the biggest , most respectable local valuers just in case there was any dispute . they used one from a totally different area that doesnt even operate local to me )