Fitness First:Unfit for Purpose

gerrywalt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5706 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My Daughter Sue cancelled her subscription to Fitness First on Sept 6th 2007.Last payment on 17th Sept. '07

Her DDSO was cancelled at her bank and at the gym in person, not by letter. Although, recorded on computer at the gym where she was a member.

The Fitness First head office re-instated the DDSO on the 19th Sept. '07.

Stupidly, my daughter did not check her bank statements. So 12 payments of £34.95 were paid out. When the mistake was realised, Sue immediately informed her bank (Lloyds) and they stated that they could not retrieve more than 6 months payments. This being due to the indemnity rules, they say.

Local Fitness First would not provide, as proof of the cancellation, a printout of the cancellation on file because of 'Health and Safety', so they say.

The question is; How do we ensure a full refund of 12 payments, a total of £419.40?

We will be over the moon if you can advise us of our rights.

Do you have proof that you cancelled the membership?

If not, and you feel that they have it on record, you would need to make a Subject Access Request. Information on subject access can be found in the templates section of the website.

If you are able to prove that you did cancel, then you would need to pursue this as for any debt - preliminary letter; letter before claim; and then court claim.

If I've been helpful, please add to my rep. :)