OK so here goes..... a little advice first pls

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK, I've completed the relevant spreadsheet from the statements of my 3 accounts over the last six years and understand that initially I send the middle of the 3 sheets for these.

I'm now looking at the initial letter letter templates and there appear to be 2 with very subtle differences.

1/ Letter Before Action (LBA)

2/ Preliminary Approach.

What factors dictate which of these is most appropriate for my circumstances ?

My bank is the Abbey and I have only had a casual conversation on this subject, in which they referred me to a branch.

Cheers MB..... you've been very helpful with all my fairly basic questions over the course of the day.

The questions are often fairly retorical, but one thing I have learnt is that in this process the devil is very much in the detail.

Thanks for your patience :-)

Make sure you make a DPA SAR first though (also in the library). This will give the banks the opportunity to list all charges and manual interventions.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

The point of the DPA letters is they they include requests for any instances of "manual intervention".... where a person looks at your account and performs some action on it, as opposed to automated processing.

If they don't, won't or can't provide information on manual intervention then they will find it difficult to use that excuse to justify the charges levied on your account.:cool:

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

So are you saying that, despite what it infers on the "step by step guide" on here, The DPA App is an important part of the process ?

It could be, their arguement could be that a manager has looked at the account on each and every time they have charged you and that is why the fee is so high. We all know that they don't do that and one of the ways to prove it is to ask them for all comments on your account. If they refuse to comply then they cannot use that arguement in court.

You don't have to ask for the statements in the DPA SAR. You could modify the letter to only ask for any details of manual interventions and comments on your account. This would save you receiving copies of everything you already have, and save a few trees and the environment too.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

OK.... I get it now. So if you've no need of the statements, you could actually send a letter requesting details of manual interventions and you preliminary request letters similtaneously ?

Just want to get things moving really

That would be fine. You have no real need for those details until you reach the court phase.