Halifax credit card now 1st credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5161 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I am totally confused!!!! In addition their CCA and DN are defective in any case, so I guess I could sit and wait to use this interest argument???

My head hurts!!!

S.B.

hi shellbelle

so you got a defective DN have you had a termination or a letter demanding the whole account balance afterwards?

Hi again DD

I need to check my file, and will do 1st thing in the morning, if I remember correctly, they didn't terminate but may very well have demanded full balance, I will update in the morning.

Thanks

S.B.

Shelebelle,

I think that earlier in this thread I did say that interest inaccuracies are usually a non starter re enforceability of a contract. However quibbling over interest rates is an excellent way of delaying matters and you seem to be doing rather well at that!.

I am lookingf foreward to Halifax's reaction to the fact that the prescribed term for interest is not in the agreement and that their paste job has been rumbled.

• 2 months later...

Hi all

Posting this for a friend....

The friend is a discharged bankrupt and has been for 2-3 years, has obvioulsy not had any credit since that time.

Recently received a letter from 1ST Credit asking for payment on a MBNA credit card debt...the friend included every debt in the bankruptcy and definatley doesn't have any outstanding debt of any nature.

My question is do DCA's stoop this low and try to collect on a bankrupt debt??? Silly question me thinks!!!

My friend said that it's not even worth a phonecall or letter.....I tend to agree as it would start the old paper chain and phonecalls which would really be a waste of everyones time.

Any thoughts or advice that I can pass on would be appreciated...I guess it is a no brainer in 1ST Credit's respect???

Thanks

S.B.

Make a complaint to your local trading standards & the OFT with regards to their harassment, they are in clear breach of OFT guidelines & CPUT ;

Consumer Direct - Contact us

OFT Complaint form

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/DebtCollectionComplaintForm.DOC

The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

[email protected]

tel: 020 7211 5823

The Office of Fair Trading: Debt collection practices

http://oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

Hi guys

Thanks for your input I will pass it on.

What I don't really understand is why or how MBNA sold this on and what hope they thought they had in collecting it!!! But there and again they are all a differet breed.....!!!!

Managed to view a copy of my friends letter and it turns out it is a periodic statement.....but they still go on to mention the convenient payment options available!!!!

Anyhow this is all irrelevant really and quite clearly should have never been passed on to a DCA!!!

Friend is going to wait and see if tehy receive anything else and then complain and let the OR know the situation.

S.B.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Well it's been very quiet for a couple of months, but received the following from 1st Credit yesterday:~

They have sent an annual statement along with a standing order mandate for repayment and state that if they cannot make contact and agree repayment terms then they will CONSIDER legal action. Alternatively they may arrange a doorstep visit to discuss a repayment schedule!!!

Well they can arrange all they want and we all know how that will be dealt with!!!

I believe the monkeys are pressing their keyboard again and running off another standard letter.....shall I just file this neatly???

Comments appreciated.

Thanks

S.B.

Just thought Id let you know that it is a good post and very amusing, you have had no response because someone posted same yesterday?

A way of getting people to acknowledge the debt no doubt

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.