summery dismissal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5709 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i work for a security company and as such we patrol an area in a 4x4, about a month ago a off road triels bike was being driven around the site this is public roads when i noticed it , i informed our control and followered the bike as we have been told to observe and pass on information to the police, my collage was on the phone to police and i followered with my amber lights on, at one point the bike cut across a roundabout and i also cut the roundabout, wrong i know but it was 01.30 am and no other cars in view , the bike had no light and was not road legual.

i followered for about 1/2 a mile and they then went into a car park i stoped by a gate when i got there some 2 mins latter as i was not speeding and just followering to give direction of travel the bike went down a public path and crashed some 400 yards away i had already turned to go the long way around . the police seased the cctv footage and took for evedance as this is digital a copy is retained on the systen.

i am not alower to view under the police and criminal act and my company asked the police for a copy and was refused, the company i work for thern asked the client to view and i was told that at the discaplinary hearing i would be taken to view, this did not happen a manager viewed this 2 days earlier and i was not shown this , the company did tell me to view this with the supervisor but i cant under police and criminal evedance act.

when i checked with the information commishners office the client is not registered with them for cctv but other things BUT NOT CCTV i was dismissed for followering the bike against a single rule in assiment instructions but we are told to observe.

any idears i do intent to appeal this

they have sacked me for gross missconduct

the incident was on the 26th july and a dearing date was the 29th aug had the first hearing on the 29th aug then ajurned over the week end till monday the 1st then in his words we have decided to let you go and in letter summery dismissal was placed but other staff not questioned about the incident and no police involvement at all , i have given a statment to the police about the event and they thanked me for my help in the matter and they are charging the men on the bike. the sargent in the case has no problem with my actions and have said that i did a good job in helping them,, we deal with the local police alot and we know the officers and they cant believe what has happend either , never have the police said i did anything wrong and no charges aimed at me at all only a whitness statment given to them and the cctv footage . i am appealing this but dont hold up alot of hope

the mineutes of the hearing are very scetchie and dont realy reflect what was said in the meeting, the person who looked at the case only started to investigate it on the wednessday before the hearing .