Lidl/Athena CPCN..Help..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5711 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First post, be gentle,.

Today i received a colour 'charge certificate' from Athena ANPR, requesting i pay for a parking contravention at Lidl Ashford.

The notice clearly shows my car entering and leaving the car park with the reg plate enlarged to show my number next to the times on arriving and leaving.

I accept that these may indeed be accurate and under the rules displayed at the car park i may well have exceeded their said times, all in all it would appear a 'fair cop', but is it ?

All i want to know is how legal is all of this, should i hold my hands up and pay the 'reduced parking charge' of £45 or ignore and hope they go away ?

Seems a lot of money for 20 mins over time, but i guess rules is rules and there was a notice in the car park, would be grateful of any advice.

Many thanks.

How legal is it - not very.

Standard advice is to ignore completely. Apart from one infamous company [not Athena], none of these companies pursue all the way to county court. You will get 5 or 6 letters, threatening the sky falling down around your head then ........nothing.

Read these:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/65341-private-parking-companies-charges.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/119802-private-parking-tickets-template.html

A soon as you start receiving paperwork that imitates those of councils (Charge Certificates, Notice to Owner) you know that you are even safer than usual.

The paperwork is fraudulent, therefore they will never go to court.

Completely ignore them.