Stagedsummer78 v Natwest

stagedsummer78
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6480 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am one of those unfortunate people who is rubbish with money. I went through a really bad stage with my finances 2 years ago and In the space of 3 years I have managed to accumalate £1260 in charges. ( I was and still am being charged £35 per item that goes overdrawn and then £29 at the end of each month for my trouble) I have been doing my research and been reading some of these threads and I did as suggested. I obtained a copy of my past statements and I have wrote to NatWest bank twice only to be ignored. What should my next step be? Im a worried about cost of a solicitor etc...as you can tell I don't have much money. What will happen if this goes to court? Is there a chance I could lose? I live in Manchester. can any one recommed a good solicitor?

Are the two letters you've written, the preliminary and then the letter before action from the templates library?

Why do you think you need a solicitor? Where on this site is this reccommended?

You need to read the FAQs here (and the step by step guide)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Are the two letters you've written, the preliminary and then the letter before action from the templates library?

Can you answer the above. Then I can be clear what stage you're at and can hopefully give some advice. Answering 1 question with another doesn't help me to help you.

• 2 weeks later...

Help!! Ive just recveived a letter form nat west acknowledging that they are aware of my complaint, they did not send me a break down of costs as template letter asked. My total is £1255 but they only offered me £255. Whay is my next step? Ive had a look at the templates but none basically stick it up your ar** I want the whole amount. Have I missed one of these templates?

Can you please start your own thread in the Natwest forum this is just a welcome page for newbies. May I also suggest you read the FAQs and step by step instructions where you will find all the answers? I am unsure of your question regarding "they did not send me a break down of costs as template letter asked" so how do you know what they owe you? but could you please ask these questions in the Natwest forum

Thanks

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Threads merged and transferred to Natwest.

Please keep all your posts here and you'll get as much assistance as you require, although as Mechs says, a lot of the info you need is already on the site in the faq'd and libraries and your own bank forum.

Good luck with your claim.

(Don't accept their pathetic offer. ;-))

[

Guest NATTIE

Stagedsummer78- I've seen letter accepting theamount as an interim payment prior to full settlement but as Vampiress said, reject the offer outright for the full amount. Depending on the stage you're at the FAQ's and step by step approach should dictate how you proceed. The offer will then be withdrawn. I can see the humid weather is getting to us all

Ok. Once more. I contacted the bank asking for my statements over 5 years which I recieved with no hassle. I then have used template letter from this site stating my claim against the bank with the speadsheet for interest. I received a letter two weeks later from my bank manager stating that she was dealing with my complaint. As a follow up, she wrote to me again stating that she believed that the charges applied by Natwest are fair. My total request is £1255. To "sooth the matter" I have been offered £255. I wuld just like some advice on how to reply to this as obviously Im not going to accept it. I have looked through the templates on this site a none really state a rejection of an offer along with a threat of persuing the matter legally

Threads merged again - if you start another new thread about this claim it will be closed

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I would use the following:

Dear Mr Banker

Thank you for your offer of £xxx.xx as part settlement of my claim.

Your offer is not satisfactory, although I am prepared to accept this sum, unconditionally, in part-settlement of my FULL claim of £yyy.yy.

I shall continue to proceed with my action to recover the remainder of my claim.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.