WELCOME and PPI ..where do we begin !!

donbracho
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5013 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Am about to SAR Welcome Finance not sure which address to send it to ?

Kingston House, Centre 27 Business Park, Woodhead Rd, Birstall, Batley WF17 9TD ? is listed on website.

Mere Wy Ruddington Fields Bsns Pk, Ruddington, Nottingham NG11 6NZ is the one i thought was correct (progressive financial services)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just checked my credit report and its progressive financial services who i had the loan with so thats the nottingham one aint it

• 1 month later...

Right have recieved my SAR info back added up the 'fees' and bounced direct debits charges with my disbursal of fees comes in at a scandalous amount !

I have however a couple of questions , am i entitled to claim even tho they have written off my loan even as it had 200 left on it ?

Also can i claim the 'interest posting ' amounts and/or the PPI which i didnt want ?

Oh also I got my response from

the compliance dept, Mere way, ruddignotn fields business park, ruddignotn, Nottingham, NG11 6NZ

but the registered address is the

Kingston House,Centre 27 Business Park, Woodhead road, Birstall, Batley , WF17 9TD

Should i send my prelim to the first address or the second ?

right sorry if am posting in wrong bit but this concerns the defaults they have put on my account

have received the sar info back from them and it says the account was settled on the 06/09/04 (written off with 230 owing)

however have had my credit report back from annualcreditreport, and it says default was recorded on the 03/09/04 !

i also have no record in the sar bundle of this default notice,

they have provided copies of three notices sent dated the 09/12/02 and the 21/05/02 and the 11/07/03 and finally 25/09/03 but nothing for that date !

I have sent a prelim letter reguarding charges to them and included default removal as part of that letter should i also send a section 10 dpa letter too ?

• 4 months later...

hello all rigth i know this sounds really really dumb but have got my info back from welcome and my loan agreement looks like this

settle existing account: 294

new cash advanced : 350

optional payment insurance : 102.91

amount of credit : 747.25

acceptance fee : 65

total amount : 812.25

amount of weekly payment 86.55 over 12 months (estimated)

APR 89.4%

rate of interest 4%

so do i multiiply the 102 by 4% ? or 89.4% ? or the difference ?

any help is appreciated

hello all rigth i know this sounds really really dumb but have got my info back from welcome and my loan agreement looks like this

so do i multiiply the 102 by 4% ? or 89.4% ? or the difference ?

any help is appreciated

Hello Don,

I do not understand your figures. Was the apr really 89.4%:o and the monthly rate 4%

What was the interest they charged on top??????????

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hello Don.

Maybe post your agreement on the Consumer Credit Agreement or the Agreement Enforcability Threads for options on you CA. They have not told you what they total charge for credit is????????? Not told you how much interest the have charged???????

Consumer Credit Act Agreements

Agreement Enforceability

Ask for comments on the ca and the extortionate interest rate applied.

settle existing account: 294

new cash advanced : 350

optional payment insurance : 102.91

amount of credit : 747.25

acceptance fee : 65

total amount : 812.25

amount of weekly???? it this meant to be monthly payment 86.55 over 12 months (estimated)

APR 89.4%

rate of interest 4%

If the 86.55 is 52 weekly payments The total you would pay would be £4,500.60:shock: Interest applied £3,688,35:shock:

If its 86.55 x 12 months the total you would pay is £1,038.60 Interest applied is £226.35

Which one was it:shock:

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

• 11 months later...

Hello all !

Have been reading up about good old Welcome finance and the PPI [problem] they run on this awesome site here.

Am going to try and claim back for my partners Loan and Car as both were PPI single premium jobs.

My OH has an earlier loans going back to 1999 that kept on getting reagreed but to keep things siomple just wants to claim back for the most recent - 2003 so will fall in the 6 year rule.

we have uploaded on photbucket both agreements...

audomar_b - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

have read up a bit on the site first but cant get my head round whether or not this case will be ok as was before 2005 so wont be covered by the FSA ?

Any help would be apreciated, any at all !

Edited by donbracho

my husband and I think we were missold ppi with welcome and need some help to decide if we are right or not.... We aint too sure of things like this and thats why we in alot of bother probably..... We were told we had to take the insurance or we wouldnt get the loan so we had no option at the time but we feel really snookered by them..... We just got told that we in £1600 arrears with them despite payin by direct debit every month...So how can we be in arrears?... I think we changed bank account twice and they were on the fone to me the day before the payment was due out of bank...so they knew it was cancelled before it was due to be paid...very strange.....anyways, my point is...they never gave us chance to get into arrears coz they always foned to ask for cash payment which we done and we have receipts for them payments..... They kept harrassin my hubby at work went hey got a written letter from me askin them not to phone his work..... They kept tryin to get us to take another loan...Its never endin with them so I think we are due a refund but need help workin it all out...any help much appreciated

• 1 year later...

hello all hope ur enjoying the sun !

right basically i have received my ppi information today and ...

A: its all older than six years but having looked i see thats not important.

B: i took out PPI for a car in 2003 at a whopping £1218 on a £3900 loan-26.6 % interest.

c: i have had a loan of 1064 (571 PPI) in 2000 that turned into another one of 1527(376 PPi) in 2001 then another 1668(391 PPi) in 2003.

Basically how do i claim for the loans that got consolidated it might seen stupid but i cant figure out how much they owe me for the consolidated loans ?

Hi there

It maybe worth you requesting for a Subject Access Request (SAR), so hopefully they should send you details of all loans taken out and calculations etc.

But as you have a few, I take it you have been mis sold on all of them of the PPI?

You can still try to reclaim on them all, where it will be reduced by any rebate given if any.

But note, if you used a broker for the first loan set up, its them you pursue on the first one, unless of course the lender also set up the loan, but then if you had a loan advance which would be the lender you then reclaim on this separately to the lender, but I would keep claims separate anyway.

Hope this makes sense.;-)

if welcomes name is on the agreement its welcome you pursue for the ppi. nothing to do with any broker.

get the agreements via sar to welcome and post them up.

typically, you would have been well fleeced here, ppi on ppi, int on int, rolled over into each loan.

welcome very rarely issued any rebates at all.

you are in for a windfall.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hello all thanks for the responses all advice is good advice so cheers !

ill scan the agreements and post the up soon ..

cant read postage stamps...........

scan your agreement

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc but leave all figures and dates.

goto one one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

browse to your pdf file and upload it

hit close this windows at the bottom below upload it box

dx

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

er sorry ! just uploaded first lot ...

the car is seperate to the loans ...

have had a loan of 1064 (571 PPI) in 2000 = LOAN 1 that turned into another one of 1527(376 PPi) in 2001 = LOAN 2 then another 1668(391 PPi) in 2003 = LOAN 3 (next post)

car.pdf

loan1.pdf

loan2.pdf

loan2a.pdf

loan2c.pdf

right heres me last loan i know its labelled as loan four but its not its 3 ! thats what a chinese and brandy and coke and scanning converting and uploading do to me ha ha ! anyway any advice is much appreciated hope everyone is having a good weekend

loan4.pdf

loan4a.pdf

lol this is confusing no they aint sent me any of the above i only have what i have posted above. i thought that was proof i have had PPI from them is that incorrect ?

hey up everyone hope all is good this weekend !

still a bit confused as to what to do next have got a letter ready to send to welcome...

your address and details]

date:

[Loan account details]

COMPLAINT:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I took out a loan with you, Welcome Finance, on or around XXXX.

When I took it out, I was advised and signed up for Payment Protection Insurance.

I am writing to complain.

At no time was I informed of my rights to cancel this policy, nor was I given any specific policy details.

A breach of FSA rules.

Due to recent media attention and investigation of PPI by the FSA, I now believe that this PPI was miss-sold and was inappropriate in meeting my needs.

I have been advised that I would have been able to cancel the PPI contract at any time and receive a full refund of all the premiums that I have paid, together with any and all interest levied as such upon these premiums.

I therefore require a full refund of all the PPI premiums together with all and any interest paid upon said premiums forthwith.

I would appreciate a reply to this letter within fourteen days.

If you reject this complaint, I would be grateful if you could explain whether you provide an internal appeals process.

If you do not, please supply me with a final response letter, so that I can take up the matter with the Financial Ombudsman Service and the Financial services authority regulators

Yours faithfully,

[your full name]your address and details]

date:

[Loan account details]

COMPLAINT

Dear Sir or Madam,

I took out a Credit Card with you, Capital One, on or around dd/mm/yy. When I took it out, I was advised and signed up for Payment Protection Insurance. I am writing to complain.

At no time was I informed of my rights to cancel this policy, nor was I given any specific policy details. A breach of FSA rules.

Due to recent media attention and investigation of PPI by the FSA, I now believe that this PPI was miss-sold and was inappropriate in meeting my needs.

I have been advised that I would have been able to cancel the PPI contract at any time and receive a full refund of all the premiums that I have paid, together with any and all interest levied as such upon these premiums.

I therefore require a full refund of all the PPI premiums together with all and any interest paid upon said premiums forthwith.

I would appreciate a reply to this letter within fourteen days. If you reject this complaint, I would be grateful if you could explain whether you provide an internal appeals process. If you do not, please supply me with a final response letter, so that I can take up the matter with the Financial Ombudsman Service and the Financial services authority regulators

Yours faithfully,

[your full name]

user_offline.gif

have tried to figure out the amounts they owe but that single premium calculator is just confusing me even more is the one everyone is using this one...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/152816-download-ppi-calculator-here.html ??

If i just send the letter fro now and then when they come back suss out the proper amount or do you need a definitve amount ?

cheers anyway

no nail them with the correct figure else you'll look a fool & they'll try it on.

use:

Compound interest calculator

when you cut and paste stuff to here

do it from notepad not word.

post your letter again pse

dx

and they